+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts County - Programme of the year

Notts County - Programme of the year

Notts county have won the national league programme of the year.

Congratulations to the team that put this together.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...nal-leag-76573

Wrexham fair play award haha

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Notts county have won the national league programme of the year.

Congratulations to the team that put this together.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...nal-leag-76573
    Season ticket holders have been sent a survey asking if they should keep producing the matchday programmes, and I hopeful that they do.

Out of all the other National league clubs, Notts programme looked dull and cheap compared to most of the other clubs glossy pages.. The content however was pretty good.

Are programmes loss
    makers for clubs, with the cost of printing etc. They could be made digital to download and cheaper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BudBundy View Post
    Season ticket holders have been sent a survey asking if they should keep producing the matchday programmes, and I hopeful that they do.
    This is what was sent:

As a valued 2023-24 season ticket holder, we'd like to hear your views on the future of our matchday programme. For several years now, programmes have not been compulsory in the EFL due to clubs across the country experiencing increased production costs and declining sales. We're very proud of our matchday publication, the Mag, which we're pleased to say won its second successive National League Programme of the Year award this season. However, it takes considerable time and resource to produce a programme of sufficiently high standard and we are therefore keen to gauge whether these efforts could be better deployed in other areas of the club's media and communications operation. We are keen to engage you, the supporters, on this topic before making any decision and would therefore appreciate it if you could give us your thoughts by clicking the link below.

I never buy one, so it wouldn't bother me if the money went elsewhere.

I used to buy them before the internet supplied the information and gossip quicker. AND they only cost a tanner. AND no, they weren’t printed on parchment. 😉

I think you've mainly got your wish:

"We’ve provided the following update on our matchday programme, the Mag, ahead of the 2023-24 season.

We're very proud of the Mag, which we're pleased to say won its second successive National League Programme of the Year award last season.

As the world’s oldest professional football club we’re also staunch advocates of the traditional aspects of our game, with matchday programmes being a leading example.

However, they generate only a modest profit over the course of a season and take considerable time and resource to produce to a sufficiently high standard.

While National League clubs are obliged to produce a programme, in the EFL they have been optional for several years and, following our promotion, we’ve been considering whether our efforts could be more effectively deployed in other areas of the club's media and communications operation.

As part of this process, we were keen to listen to supporters’ views and therefore invited 2023-24 season ticket holders to complete a survey via email last month. Around half of the near-700 respondents were keen to see the publication continue, with the other half being either neutral or against.

The results of the survey have helped guide us towards the following decision for 2023-24:

We will continue to produce a 32-page programme for home league fixtures
    For some back-to-back home matches, we may decide to produce one programme to cover both matches
    We may decide to not produce a programme for any hastily-rearranged league matches
    A programme will not be produced for our first-round Carabao Cup tie against Lincoln City, nor either of our home EFL Trophy group stage matches. Cup games thereafter will be considered on a match-by-match basis
    A programme will be produced for our home friendly against Nottingham Forest, but not for the visit of Stoke City
    Media and Communications Manager and Mag Editor Nick Richardson said: “I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to share their views on what I know for many is an emotive subject.

“With several EFL clubs having already decided to cease production, and others considering their options, it’s clear that the future of matchday programmes is uncertain.

“In a world where print costs are rising and the appetite for digital content is ever-increasing, the value of programmes is a subject of much debate and something we must continue to assess.

“However, particularly for what will be a landmark season for the club, we feel it’s right for us to continue at this time".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you've mainly got your wish:

"We’ve provided the following update on our matchday programme, the Mag, ahead of the 2023-24 season.

We're very proud of the Mag, which we're pleased to say won its second successive National League Programme of the Year award last season.

As the world’s oldest professional football club we’re also staunch advocates of the traditional aspects of our game, with matchday programmes being a leading example.

However, they generate only a modest profit over the course of a season and take considerable time and resource to produce to a sufficiently high standard.

While National League clubs are obliged to produce a programme, in the EFL they have been optional for several years and, following our promotion, we’ve been considering whether our efforts could be more effectively deployed in other areas of the club's media and communications operation.

As part of this process, we were keen to listen to supporters’ views and therefore invited 2023-24 season ticket holders to complete a survey via email last month. Around half of the near-700 respondents were keen to see the publication continue, with the other half being either neutral or against.

The results of the survey have helped guide us towards the following decision for 2023-24:

We will continue to produce a 32-page programme for home league fixtures
    For some back-to-back home matches, we may decide to produce one programme to cover both matches
    We may decide to not produce a programme for any hastily-rearranged league matches
    A programme will not be produced for our first-round Carabao Cup tie against Lincoln City, nor either of our home EFL Trophy group stage matches. Cup games thereafter will be considered on a match-by-match basis
    A programme will be produced for our home friendly against Nottingham Forest, but not for the visit of Stoke City
    Media and Communications Manager and Mag Editor Nick Richardson said: “I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to share their views on what I know for many is an emotive subject.

“With several EFL clubs having already decided to cease production, and others considering their options, it’s clear that the future of matchday programmes is uncertain.

“In a world where print costs are rising and the appetite for digital content is ever-increasing, the value of programmes is a subject of much debate and something we must continue to assess.

“However, particularly for what will be a landmark season for the club, we feel it’s right for us to continue at this time".

Will teamsheets be produced for the games where the programmes are not going to be , for the collectors who like a memento of every match?

Will teamsheets be produced for the games where the programmes are not going to be , for the collectors who like a memento of every match?
    or like me and youre a thousand mile from home, and so a decade from being a season ticket holder, and like to know that somewhere still there's a glossy record of all Notts heroes.

Realize the business model might not work too well these days, but I always looked forward to the match day programmes and think it will be a shame if they can't be continued.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast