+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DUFF off to Swans?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    My understanding of "Promotion, Sh1t or Bust" is along the lines of-----

Promotion achieved. Sh1t time. The turds flow easily, comfortably and satisfyingly. The Head Coach stays being enthused at the prospect of the new season. Players look to stay, loan players return. Increased income and better prospects attracts two or three decent players. Supporters full of optimism at taking on Leeds, Southampton etc, plenty of Yorkshire derbies.

Promotion not achieved. Bust time, not in the sense of administration but the turds are lodged, constipated, the bowels rumble and eventually an explosion occurs pebble dashing the immediate locality. Financial chickens come home to roost, financial reserves spent, share issues spent, ST money spent, Tv income down from £9 million to £2million EFL Covid loans to be paid, Crynes expecting second instalment of purchase of club. Player sales weaken squad and reduce chance of promotion, Head Coach and Assistant leave at first opportunity. Supporters become frustrated as expectations not met.
    There won’t be a permanent contracted player who isn’t up for sale. Every single one of them (even the ones wanting to stay) will be on notice of “we can’t afford to turn a decent offer down”

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    There won’t be a permanent contracted player who isn’t up for sale. Every single one of them (even the ones wanting to stay) will be on notice of “we can’t afford to turn a decent offer down”
    I honestly don’t think you know how football works.
    EVERY player in the country is up for sale.
    Didn’t you know that ?
    And as Neerav said - players will ONLY be sold if an offer comes in that meets the club’s valuation.
    Hence no movement on Stiles as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I honestly don’t think you know how football works.
    EVERY player in the country is up for sale.
    Didn’t you know that ?
    And as Neerav said - players will ONLY be sold if an offer comes in that meets the club’s valuation.
    Hence no movement on Stiles as yet.
    Do you honestly believe Jules whose followed this club as long as I have and seen fecking Mick Mahoney lead our attack wouldn't know every player is available for the right price ?

Now then , the club's valuation angle ?

Would that be selling a player for £1.5m who scored 20 championship goals last season and he's now a PL player ? .

What about selling a defender to Brentford for £3m whose just completed two successive PL season's and will no doubt complete a third .

Here's how good those charged with running this model are .

The Morris fee simply went towards paying creditors off .

The Pinnock money bought you Luke Thomas , Malik Wilks and Patrick Schmidt .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Do you honestly believe Jules whose followed this club as long as I have and seen fecking Mick Mahoney lead our attack wouldn't know every player is available for the right price ?

Now then , the club's valuation angle ?

Would that be selling a player for £1.5m who scored 20 championship goals last season and he's now a PL player ? .

What about selling a defender to Brentford for £3m whose just completed two successive PL season's and will no doubt complete a third .

Here's how good those charged with running this model are .

The Morris fee simply went towards paying creditors off .

The Pinnock money bought you Luke Thomas , Malik Wilks and Patrick Schmidt .
    Not only seen Brian Mahoney, but shook his hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Not only seen Brian Mahoney, but shook his hand!
    Brian Mahoney with out a doubt was one of the worst strikers I have ever watched in a reds shirt , my mates & I nicknamed him "The flying pig " simply because of his shape & size !! I think the Huddersfield owners must have had a rye smile on their face when they unloaded him on us .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Brian Mahoney with out a doubt was one of the worst strikers I have ever watched in a reds shirt , my mates & I nicknamed him "The flying pig " simply because of his shape & size !! I think the Huddersfield owners must have had a rye smile on their face when they unloaded him on us .

Another one with a lot on his plate at the time. The original model for "Jacamo" clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Another one with a lot on his plate at the time. The original model for "Jacamo" clothing.
    LOL , He used to have this knack of launching his whole body with his arms by his side in an attempt to head any crosses that came into the box , alas he rarely connected, but it used to make me laugh & football should be entertaining should it not !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    LOL , He used to have this knack of launching his whole body with his arms by his side in an attempt to head any crosses that came into the box , alas he rarely connected, but it used to make me laugh & football should be entertaining should it not !!
    He was the prototype used by VAR for handball and the arms being in an unnatural position. All players have to now copy his style or it's a penalty.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567