+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McGoldrick or Rodrigues

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    For me, the question of who was/is best out of Rodrigues v McGoldrick depends on the formation we play.

I liked Rodrigues as one of two attacking midfielders in a three-man midfield, or on the left of a front three, but I thought he was pretty average as a supporting striker in a front two. He's a very good creative, attacking, goalscoring midfielder rather than a natural striker.

So, if we're going to play 3-5-2 a lot next season, then I'd say McGoldrick is the far more natural strike-partner for Langstaff or Scott, and therefore better than Rubes for that particular role.
    dude, Macca Didzy in a 2 should please even the gnarliest owd Notts fan shouldn't it?! SHould, obviously!

This is all a bit unfair on Rodders legacy imo, I think he has one, to compare him to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Pie View Post
    dude, Macca Didzy in a 2 should please even the gnarliest owd Notts fan shouldn't it?! SHould, obviously!

This is all a bit unfair on Rodders legacy imo, I think he has one, to compare him to anyone
    Indeed. Rodders and McGoldrick certainly aren't like for like. They need to be remembered/judged on their own merits.

I've never seen McGoldrick so its RR for me. Rodders is just class.I'm sure a step up in leagues wont phase him and might make him an even better player !! i cant buy into this mercenary type talk. He has earned the right to play at a higher level with greater rewards. Yes it would have been great if he stayed but i wish him nothing but the best for his future career !

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    McGoldrick for me too…. as I said when he signed, it’s a stella signing and one I wouldn’t have believed was possible. Loved Rubes when he was on his game but the semi and the final was the last straw for me… his head was clearly turned and he just didn’t look bothered. Sorry to see him go but eh ho… we are Notts County etc etc etc.
    Didn't look bothered?? Yes his form dipped in the last few games but did you see how he celebrated his goal at Wembley and afterwards when we won the shoot out not to mention Jodi Jones winner in the semi final? That didn't look like a player who wasn't bothered.
    Best of luck to the lad.

Some people seem a bit bitter about a player who honoured his three year contract. Never asked to leave when he probably could.have. Gave us three entertaining years and rightly wants to test himself at a higher level.

Rodders still has the potential to improve, but how well he'll do at L1 level (or L2 if he stayed with us) is a complete mystery. DM is proven himself at the very top.

No way RR would have scored 25 goals for Derby last season and been their best player. So if we get the DM that Derby fans know and love, he'll probably be the best player in L2, or right up there among the best. The only thing that detracts from DM's ability is his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Some people seem a bit bitter about a player who honoured his three year contract. Never asked to leave when he probably could.have. Gave us three entertaining years and rightly wants to test himself at a higher level.
    Just a couple.

How can you be bitter after what he did for Notts I will never understand but I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Didn't look bothered?? Yes his form dipped in the last few games but did you see how he celebrated his goal at Wembley and afterwards when we won the shoot out not to mention Jodi Jones winner in the semi final? That didn't look like a player who wasn't bothered.
    Best of luck to the lad.
    To claim RR "didn't look bothered" is as wide of the mark as a Paul Bolland long range effort or an out of form Karl Hawley.

The disappointment and frustration was etched all over his face and shown in his body language throughout the semi final. In the final he underperformed like most but then scored the second equaliser, and of course scored a penalty in the shoot out.

Insulting IMO to suggest he didn't care and guess that his head was turned.

Loved Ruben and all he brought in the NL but he won’t be the same player in L1. He was nothing before he came to Notts and if he doesn’t keep his head screwed on and his fitness levels up then he may well return to that bit part player that we saw under Ardley.

Having DM instead of RR is not even remotely close as to who I’d prefer to have. One a former premier league, championship, international and recent top scorer in League one against a player who has done nothing at all until the last two seasons….in non-league.

I loved Ruben, but he’s gone now. Who was it who use to say ‘we’re notts county, we move on’ or something like that?!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Loved Ruben and all he brought in the NL but he won’t be the same player in L1. He was nothing before he came to Notts and if he doesn’t keep his head screwed on and his fitness levels up then he may well return to that bit part player that we saw under Ardley.

Having DM instead of RR is not even remotely close as to who I’d prefer to have. One a former premier league, championship, international and recent top scorer in League one against a player who has done nothing at all until the last two seasons….in non-league.

I loved Ruben, but he’s gone now. Who was it who use to say ‘we’re notts county, we move on’ or something like that?!
    Brutal, but true.

I think the fitness aspect is key for RR to progress. He looked slow and tired towards the end of the season, and even his touch looked heavy. He'll need to really apply himself if he wants to be a regular in L1.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast