+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 📝Daniel Crowley Signs

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    For a guy with so much natural ability, albeit those clips were from 2019. Then why was he constantly being loaned out to other clubs at the lower end of the football spectrum ?? At the age of 25 someone that good should have been playing championship football.. Is there an underlying issue, that may eventually throw some light on to why he is where he is....
    He was playing Championship football at Birmingham.

Sometimes players just need the right coach at the right time for them to realise their potential. Hopefully LW will be that guy for Crowley. But let's not forget he's already played over 250 games at a higher level. He's jumped around a bit, but it's not like he's been sitting around doing nothing.

Our model tends to be about finding players with abilities that could fit our style, but have been undervalued or are unproven, then coaching them to play within a system. Sometimes that’s going to mean taking a chance on players who aren’t quite the finished article. He’s going to have to learn to cut out the bad habits (if true) or he’s simply not going to get in the team ahead of Austin, Jones, Scott or whoever else can play in that position. I have faith LW will get him playing the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Our model tends to be about finding players with abilities that could fit our style, but have been undervalued or are unproven, then coaching them to play within a system. Sometimes that’s going to mean taking a chance on players who aren’t quite the finished article. He’s going to have to learn to cut out the bad habits (if true) or he’s simply not going to get in the team ahead of Austin, Jones, Scott or whoever else can play in that position. I have faith LW will get him playing the right way.
    We're ridiculously well blessed in the attacking midfield / forward department.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The word I have from a Morecombe player is, doesn't pass, tries beating too many, bit greedy. I said he will have all that knocked out of him as doesn't suit our playing style. We shall see
    I don’t mind the fact that he likes to take a player on. We don’t have too many like that and we might need it during the season. Like you said, LW will coach him and hopefully he can get the right mix of when to pass and when to beat his man.

For anyone that missed it or haven't read through the whole thread. This podcast was posted a month ago. I found it interesting, and it gives an insight to Dan Crowley as a person.

He's not unproven though, is he? The very number number of league games he's played by comparison to many of our current squad highlights that. He may not have fulfilled his potential, that is where I'm sure Radar's focus was and where LW will work with him to achieve that. As someone else has said we are signing players with intelligence, not just to play in our patterns and style of play, but also to understand the squad/group (inc backroom staff) ethic. Rather than just "team". Oh to be a young player in a team managed with clarity by LW and to have McGoldrick and Bostock setting standards. COYP

I think my son-in-law who is an Arsenal fan(bless him) summed it up quite well
    Modern Day Football depends on systems,Notts have a very good system and style of play so shouldn't largely matter who comes or goes as long as the replacement can play in that defined system.
    Crowley is creative and stylistically better than Rodrigues but Rodrigues had a bite to him where he enjoyed being the main man and running play - Crowley isn't that
    Hopefully he can become the main man or McGoldrick etc can make it that he doesn't need to be - hopefully he will be better than Zak Brunt another wonder kid

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    He's not unproven though, is he? The very number number of league games he's played by comparison to many of our current squad highlights that. He may not have fulfilled his potential, that is where I'm sure Radar's focus was and where LW will work with him to achieve that. As someone else has said we are signing players with intelligence, not just to play in our patterns and style of play, but also to understand the squad/group (inc backroom staff) ethic. Rather than just "team". Oh to be a young player in a team managed with clarity by LW and to have McGoldrick and Bostock setting standards. COYP
    I said undervalued or unproven, but you’re right that he doesn’t fit neatly into either category. As you say, it’s more that he hasn’t fulfilled his potential, but this could be the perfect place for him to showcase what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    For anyone that missed it or haven't read through the whole thread. This podcast was posted a month ago. I found it interesting, and it gives an insight to Dan Crowley as a person.

I lost interest with the “obviously” scores at four each.

Totally agree, though I don’t think we’re gonna being paying him peanuts as he was decent at L1 and I imagine some L1 teams were after him.
    He should absolutely shine in this team and the two hopes the owners will have, one he helps us get to L1 and two probably his market value increases to a championship level value player.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast