+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The best TV show music themes !

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Now this is an O/T thread I can get fully onboard with. Fully agree regarding the Wonder Years in terms of the theme turn chosen and the show itself.

Some absolute favourites of mine include:

Knight Rider - a classic
    Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - a story in itself
    Quantum Leap - catchy as, and a great show.

And in terms of cartoons from the 80s

Ulysses 31 will never be beaten.
    The song - fantastic as it is - Was not written for the the show though. I love both but for me it's cheating.

I was thinking the very same thing QLD.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The song - fantastic as it is - Was not written for the the show though. I love both but for me it's cheating.

I wonder how many songs were written specifically for shows? Not many you would imagine? Anyhoo, Captain Pugwash for me, great tune and a traditional sea shanty.

I apologise if I misunderstood the OP, pretty sure Pedro asked people to post their favourite tv themes though! Couldn't see any other rules posted.

Not surprised the usual suspect jumps on the bandwagon though.

If it's a TV theme it's in...

French composer Jacques Lasry probably won't mean much to anyone but anybody who watched ITV schools from 1976, when "Picture Box" adopted the theme, into the mid 80s will remember this. "It used to conjure up an image in my mind of walking through a wet, deserted fairground where somewhere in the shadows evil lurked." sums it up well.

Arguably the most creepy theme of the 70s was for "Tales of Unease" (1970) composed by - of all people - Beatles producer George Martin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mym6KoBxdd4
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-06-2023 at 10:30 PM.

'Cheers' is another beauty I remember well when growing. Great lyrics, easy to learn and sing along to when the show starts. Preferred the theme tune to the show.

A more rare offering is from a 90s show called 'Dream On', a really funny show that was on late night I think on ITV (maybe Ch4) and very enjoyable viewing for most t e e n agers at the time. If you know, you know.

Great theme tune, and a show well ahead of times with the regular insult of clips from other shows (i.e. Family Guy).

Anybody else remember it?

An Oldie

Last edited by SwalePie; 21-06-2023 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    Love it

An ITV tots lunchtime theme tune from 1982 anticipates the identity politics culture war 40 years later......

Last edited by SwalePie; 21-06-2023 at 10:29 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast