+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023-24 Charity Bets

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    On an hourly basis ��
    I knew you wouldn't disappoint

NB. I've already got the money out and placed to one side as I feel this one will be a big big ask from Taylor and the boys to stay up this coming season.

Yes Brin, lots of Millers fans must think we are as good as down already. Full credit to you and Gru for having the stones, to take the bet on.

I don't think any other madsters will take up the remaining £25 bet- don't really blame em.

Yes Brin, lots of Millers fans must think we are as good as down already. Full credit to you and Gru for having the stones, to take the bet on.

I don't think any other madsters will take up the remaining £25 bet- don't really blame em.
    A dangling maggot statement if ever I heard one 🎣
    😄

I'm confident in MT we'll be better equipped this season. Last season if that had been the championship of a few years ago we'd have gone down I've no doubt in that. For most of the sides in it this season it won't be much better so we jusr need to improve somewhat to do better this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I'm confident in MT we'll be better equipped this season. Last season if that had been the championship of a few years ago we'd have gone down I've no doubt in that. For most of the sides in it this season it won't be much better so we jusr need to improve somewhat to do better this time round.
    How about the fact we will have a fully fit Ben Wiles for starters. Surely Ben will be on fire to prove his worth and what he gives to our midfield.Partnered with Ollie they will be a right handful for any opposition and let's not forget Jamie Lindsay who gives it all. Oddoffin came good towards the end of the season so I feel our midfield is sound. One area of concern is our wing play. Chio off to pastures new leaving only Cohen Bramall and Shane Ferguson as recognised wingers/wing backs.

Up to now, we still also have Viktor, the best shot stopper in the Championship last season. The likes of Morrison re signing would be a welcome boost. Cameron Humphreys, by far not only a young lad but you can just see him getting better each season.

Up front we have an eager Jodan Hugill who will be truly looking to prove himself in a FULL season, who partners him? is still out for debate as Georgie Kelly doesn't seem to be in Taylor's focus but, Georgie says he's working really hard at being super fit and ready to show his contribution.

Concerns, no Captain Fantastic has he has moved on to pastures new. Kioso, Hall, Blackett, Peltier, all raise an eyebrow with I think Hall being the best of that lot. Yes we've some recruiting to do and hopefully Tony has given Matt a wedge to work with and not just for golf

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    How about the fact we will have a fully fit Ben Wiles for starters. Surely Ben will be on fire to prove his worth and what he gives to our midfield.Partnered with Ollie they will be a right handful for any opposition and let's not forget Jamie Lindsay who gives it all. Oddoffin came good towards the end of the season so I feel our midfield is sound. One area of concern is our wing play. Chio off to pastures new leaving only Cohen Bramall and Shane Ferguson as recognised wingers/wing backs.

Up to now, we still also have Viktor, the best shot stopper in the Championship last season. The likes of Morrison re signing would be a welcome boost. Cameron Humphreys, by far not only a young lad but you can just see him getting better each season.

Up front we have an eager Jodan Hugill who will be truly looking to prove himself in a FULL season, who partners him? is still out for debate as Georgie Kelly doesn't seem to be in Taylor's focus but, Georgie says he's working really hard at being super fit and ready to show his contribution.

Concerns, no Captain Fantastic has he has moved on to pastures new. Kioso, Hall, Blackett, Peltier, all raise an eyebrow with I think Hall being the best of that lot. Yes we've some recruiting to do and hopefully Tony has given Matt a wedge to work with and not just for golf

Brin what I'd like to see is say central defence some younger players mixed in with the more experienced players. Morrison & Hall that would be it for me re. experience there Humphreys Hull + one more. Peltier I'm hoping he's looking to move into coaching so goes, Kioso + one more right sided defender/ wing back. Need an addition on the left side same to go with Bramall Ferguson. Midfield looking strong with a fit again Wiles to go with Rathbone Lindsay Odoffin one more addition there I'd say. Up front going to need strengthening at least 2 in to go with Hugill. We'll be ready to go then.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Brin what I'd like to see is say central defence some younger players mixed in with the more experienced players. Morrison & Hall that would be it for me re. experience there Humphreys Hull + one more. Peltier I'm hoping he's looking to move into coaching so goes, Kioso + one more right sided defender/ wing back. Need an addition on the left side same to go with Bramall Ferguson. Midfield looking strong with a fit again Wiles to go with Rathbone Lindsay Odoffin one more addition there I'd say. Up front going to need strengthening at least 2 in to go with Hugill. We'll be ready to go then.

Still hoping Chieo stays to add to that if not he'll need replacing. Another keeper also required.

Wiles injury was serious last season- I think he will be largely ineffective as he rediscovers his sharpness.

Good to debate these topics with proper footballing men like Brin and Glu, who have earned the right to debate by putting their money where their mouth is. I suspect though the quality of debate will spiral downward once the 'non-payers' and those who flip flop after every win or defeat, join in.

Wiles injury was serious last season- I think he will be largely ineffective as he rediscovers his sharpness.

Good to debate these topics with proper footballing men like Brin and Glu, who have earned the right to debate by putting their money where their mouth is. I suspect though the quality of debate will spiral downward once the 'non-payers' and those who flip flop after every win or defeat, join in.

I'm a fair man we won 11 games last season with a depleted squad. Make it 15 wins for me to win bet. ok I like a challenge.

15 wins

That's a deal.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast