+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Neal Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    To be fair, he was right to sack Nolan. We were appalling. Now the squad was unbalanced and there was accusations that Hardy and Nolan fired at each other as to who was to blame for that, but it was on Nolan for the squad being completely unfit after a poor pre season. That picture of Duffy on Victoria Embankment with a beer belly still gives me the chills! Also, a lot of the squad had lost faith in Nolan after the Lincoln game, I'm sure I saw lots about a few Notts players being out in Nottingham basically saying Nolan was done and the players didn't play for him. He needed to go, Harry Kewell wasn't the answer though.
    They both thought they had cracked it after a fairly successful season before. Wasn’t it pre season they couldn’t train because of weather as pitches/facilities were inadequate, then vanity friendless that were no use and awful recruitment.
    There was certainly a boys club going on for definete, the fact Nolan looked like he had about 20 pints the night before that interview where he was interviewed about his sacking, when have you every seen an interview like that happen? Let alone they look still drunk. All I’ve heard from Hardy since tells me exactly what he would have been like. Yes Ardley should have probably done better but to think it was mostly down to him in my eyes is wrong, as his CV suggests otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    They both thought they had cracked it after a fairly successful season before. Wasn’t it pre season they couldn’t train because of weather as pitches/facilities were inadequate, then vanity friendless that were no use and awful recruitment.
    There was certainly a boys club going on for definete, the fact Nolan looked like he had about 20 pints the night before that interview where he was interviewed about his sacking, when have you every seen an interview like that happen? Let alone they look still drunk. All I’ve heard from Hardy since tells me exactly what he would have been like. Yes Ardley should have probably done better but to think it was mostly down to him in my eyes is wrong, as his CV suggests otherwise.
    Could have been worse - like Howard Kendall allegedly being found in the boardroom with two carrier bags of booze and a prostitute. We didn't do well that season either but at least it was Championship, I think.

Wrong man to keep us up,
    Wrong man to get us back up.
    Wrong man to get Solihull up.
    Wrong man to do anything with Solihull once the money to buy their way out of the league had dried up.

Saw a bunch of Wimbledon fans posting about him on twitter and the majority were surprisingly negative about him as well, whilst most acknowledged he was a great player for them.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213