+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Imminent incomings today?

Will be interesting to see how many of the younger lads get a run out against Middlesbrough tomorrow. Is big Tom still convalescing at the Donkey Sanctuary?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Hope it’s a Noah then they might come in two by two.
    Are you hoping for another flood when we are losing?

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    If you internally say ov or uv when typing, please, for the love of God, use one f.

If you want to swear at me in reply, it's two.
    Is this Brin using another account name??

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I don't get Kioso going out on loan, I just don't get it. Why on Earth isn't he worth a squad place with us? Seemingly MT has never really taken to him.
    Maybe it was the players decision and not the clubs??

I very much doubt we will be making any significant signings.TS only ever spends any money, when their is a good chance of reward v risk.This season, he would probably have to risk 3-5 million, on players and wages, to give us any chance of being competitive.Even then it would probably end in failure.The Cafu signing, is just an opportunity for him to get fit, and put himself in the shop window, like when we had Wing.I am sure he will have a great 1 season with us.
    I can see us playing very defensively,but ultimately losing a lot of matches 1 or 2 nil.

we can only comment based on what we know, but personally I am not feeling very hopeful for this season as we stand at the moment. This squad will not stay up, it has nothing down the right, little up front and lacks real pace (except Bramall). If we are in the situation that a player must leave before one comes in, then the finances must be in a mess, I am not sure they are in a mess so i hope we are not playing the game.

We know we have a limited budget, however it is that a budget, you balance a budget over the season not before it starts. There will be a target wage bill, a target signing on, bonus, transfer fee budget as well, you ensure you hit your target for the end of the window not this early. If we ignore those first group of matches (I think it is 6!!) and don't expect to have our squad ready until september then that is a very stupid strategy, we are very likely to be bottom 3 early on and then that will take a lot to claw out of. Also why would Wiles and Rathbone sign new deals at the moment? They are not seeing a squad being built that would excite them and so they can wait until September until the see what investment has been made, before they commit.

The manager has stated that none of the young players are ready for the championship, what does that say about our academy and this means that we need even more senior players if the young players can't even be on the fringe of the first team squad. MT did what he had to do last season, he kept us up after the loss of Warne, but based on a good start, he hasn't a cat in hells chance with this squad and the speed this squad is being built. Lets see what the next 2 weeks bring
    Last edited by Brin; 19-07-2023 at 08:24 AM.

"Don't concede goal you don't loose matches" looks like the approach MT is going for. Fine if we keep our solid defenders fit. Omg that BIG IF looks massive...
    I'm sure MT will address the places he needs to improve though with the exception of Evans. Recent managers have always left it to the last week of the window.
    Which leaves us as fans making excuses for players not being fit or missing pre season.
    I guess it's where we are in the pecking order.

Some say this championship is one of the toughest of recent times. Yet there's still a handful of league 1 teams that can out bid us for players.

I'm happy no news it's good news re. Sharp & Fosu. Wait & see who we sign only thing I want to see it's this new coach bringing young players through more than we do now starting with Hull if it's only one a season or two better than how it's been. I'm confident we'll do alot better this season with this management team.

Must say I don't get Kioso leaving, does that mean a back 3 this season ?
    We've certainly plenty of centre backs,it's just over 3 weeks to the first game, and it's crucial we have a great start like we did last season.
    Once a team like us get in the bottom 3,it's very hard to get out.
    Right now we are a mile away from being able to compete this season, hopefully the next 2 weeks will see 5 or 6 players coming in,but they have to gel pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Is this Brin using another account name??
    Err....no. I stand by my one and only username. I don't hide behind multi names.

Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast