+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carig Brown

Carig Brown

Was a brilliant ambassador for the club and genuinely a really really nice guy.
    Sad news indeed.

RIP Mr. Brown

Apologies for the mis-spelling of his name

RIP Pa Broon

On a tour of Pittodrie on the final day of the January 2012 transfer window, he came out of his office - he was trying to pin down the transfer of perhaps Daniel Uchechi - and asked the dozen or so of us being shown around, “Have you heard my Archie Knox story?” He proceeded to tell it, no holds barred, and had a dozen of us in stitches. Then there was the time at an AGM he approached me and asked, “The lady you were sitting beside - is she erm…with you?” On getting a negative response, the priapic old worthy said “thanks”, then scurried over to her and turned on the charm. Shagger.

Sleep easy, Mr Brown.

He wisnae the greatest manager we ever had, but he was an improvement on his predecessor. A true legend of the game.

Sad news indeed, a gentleman by all accounts and did a job for us when we are in a precarious position.

Rest easy Pa Broon.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    He wisnae the greatest manager we ever had, but he was an improvement on his predecessor. A true legend of the game.
    I remember leaving the Methadome in Paisley, convinced we were going down with Dingus, so I’ll always be grateful to Brown. Tee’d it up nicely for Fraudiola after him too. Good job all round. More importantly though, he seemed like a very nice chap.

RIP

I didn't even know he was I'll.

RIP

Sad news. A really nice guy. Sat next to him on a Megabus from Glasgow for a 2nd of January game. There were no trains running and he'd got the bus for 50p. The journey took no time as we engaged in some great football chat. R.I.P. Craig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast