+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this the "Big and Exciting News"

Love it or hate it - it’s never dull at Tarn is it 😂
    A chuffing reyt laugh.
    I like the new shirt but just can’t imagine wearing it without a mullet !!!

We are short of money and shirt sales go a bit of the way to easing the financial difficulties at the club, whoever thought this was a good idea wants sacking! If they had put out a vote for the worst ever home shirt, this would have won by a country mile and they would have had a rethink, but once again supporters not involved!
    It will be spot the new home shirt at Oakwell this coming season, with everyone buying the away shirt.
    I guarantee the asking price will be around £20 after 2 months because they can’t shift them!

You have all got it wrong because the Official Website says so----

"Barnsley FC is proud to announce an exciting collaboration with renowned designer Colm Dillane from Kids Super, and Director Julie Anne Quay, in partnership with Puma, our official athletic partner.

The newly unveiled kits showcase the club's traditional colours of red, white and black, complemented by accents of gold to symbolise the stars of Barnsley.

The essence of Barnsley FC's spirit is encapsulated in the club's ethos Winning is Being Barnsley. It represents the core values of authenticity, determination and resilience that define the club. Being true to who we are at all times, with muck, nettles, grit and backbone.is at the heart of our identity. Understanding ourselves and bringing that essence to the world is what it means to be Barnsley. ....It is this indomintable spirit that we have strived to capture in the design of our new shirts.

Our sponsors reflect the local roots and global reach of Barnsley FC in the contemporary world.

The unveiling of the kits marks an exciting chapter in the history of Barnsley FC"

Well, bugger me. I thought it was just a rehash of the Shaw Carpet shirt made to look more "American". Shows what I know abart fashion. Thanks Julie.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-06-2023 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    There’s a few people close to the club that know but arn’t saying anything.
    I know Gally and a few others at the BBS / supporters trust - to my mind if they are keeping things quiet then this means the issue is not trivial but quite significant.
    I had always thought the Supporters Trust was independent of the club and there to challenge the club when/ where needed, rather than being "close to the club". The clue is in the name.

I hope you haven't let the cat out of the bag Nudge. What would be the point of these Supporters Trust/ Fan Engagement Meetings if all they were were Public Relations exercises ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-06-2023 at 07:12 AM.

I love the new shirt !

It’s an abomination!
    I wouldn’t wesh my van with it

I’m keeping mi money this year.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    We are short of money and shirt sales go a bit of the way to easing the financial difficulties at the club, whoever thought this was a good idea wants sacking! If they had put out a vote for the worst ever home shirt, this would have won by a country mile and they would have had a rethink, but once again supporters not involved!
    It will be spot the new home shirt at Oakwell this coming season, with everyone buying the away shirt.
    I guarantee the asking price will be around £20 after 2 months because they can’t shift them!
    Is that £20 they give you to take one away?

Name:  IMG_7873.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  11.9 KB

Well I have to to say it looks even worse out on the pitch an absolute car crash !

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Name:  IMG_7873.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  11.9 KB

Well I have to to say it looks even worse out on the pitch an absolute car crash !
    Laughing stock .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast