+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Favourite Opposition's Football Song/Chant

How can you not like that from Eintracht Frankfurt??? Awesome, never heard that one before reminds me of some great ones from South American teams , take a look at Si Senor, would love to have heard that belting out from the kop from the Main Stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5swobWB1IMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9RMPBoTAVE

Different gravy

https://youtu.be/JdP_KK75ThI
    Sunshine on Leith, I loved this song before I knew it was adopted as a Hibs anthem, never fails to draw a tear or two. Can you imagine our players singing along to a club anthem, after winning a trophy.

If we're extending this beyond the English league, then "Flower of Scotland" wins hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Sunshine on Leith, I loved this song before I knew it was adopted as a Hibs anthem, never fails to draw a tear or two. Can you imagine our players singing along to a club anthem, after winning a trophy.
    I knew nothing of this song's link to Hibs (not a surprise , not going to watch many if any games involving Hibs) but that clip from the Scottish cup final sure is something special. Every time I watch it or similar it raises the hairs on my arms and legs.

Great stuff.

Would love to have a Liverpool or Man United down the lane as they have some great well known songs linked to each club and usually in very good voice.

I want us to play fringe in cup matches and concentrate on the league but we are well overdue a big boy visit at the Lane.

I remember Birmingham City fans bursting out Keep Right On from the old away seats in the County Road stand.

We always stood on the halfway line and I'd never heard singing from there before. It was a night match I think in the 80s and Birmingham had just scored.

I don't remember anything else about the game, there were only 250/300 odd seats iirc but it sounded great. It was the first time I'd heard that song too.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Have to agree with this. I've never seen such a passionate rendition of a club anthem to match this one when Hibs won the Scottish Cup in 2016.

It was an outpouring of 114 years of pure emotion. Hibs were 2-1 down with 10 minutes to go but won it. I think there was crowd trouble after the game and the video was shot 30 minutes after it finished, but it seemed not a single Hibs fan had left the ground. A bit like our win at Wembley, it made all the years of hurt worthwhile.

I first became aware of this after reading a few Irvine Welsh books. Some of them give a fantastic insight into football rivalry, often very violent. One of them even mentions footy messageboards!

Delilah - Stoke. Hands down, no contest. No other Club has ever made that noise at Meadow Lane, not by a hundred decibels.

Quote Originally Posted by SongBird View Post
    I remember Birmingham City fans bursting out Keep Right On from the old away seats in the County Road stand.

We always stood on the halfway line and I'd never heard singing from there before. It was a night match I think in the 80s and Birmingham had just scored.

I don't remember anything else about the game, there were only 250/300 odd seats iirc but it sounded great. It was the first time I'd heard that song too.
    Glad you have similar memories. It just works.

Just read that song and it's association with Birmingham dates back to the 1950s, added special.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Delilah - Stoke. Hands down, no contest. No other Club has ever made that noise at Meadow Lane, not by a hundred decibels.
    Is the correct answer. In terms of who has been the loudest.

What I love about that footy song is the silence that preceded it and then the huge woooooohhhh...... woooooohhhh

She stood there laughing......

It was impossible to ignore whatever was happening on the pitch.

Jeez.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast