+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Betting suspended

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The Wilder speculation all seems to be based on a post on BBS who claims he heard it from a reliable source. The Original Poster has not reappeared on the site.

No credible local journalist making any comment.

If Wilder is appointed I shall be surprised and say "Well done Parekh and Ahmad".

I could equally speculate that Devaney returned from holiday today and signed contract, thus ending further betting.

Best to wait.
    To be fair SB , Wilders odds came tumbling down yesterday & then betting was suspended , I suppose it is not hard to join up the dots & come to the conclusion that Wider is the choice, bookies do not give money away , however having said that I am out of the school was says " Wait & See " , anything can happen with proposed deals & until there is an official statement declaring a new appointment I would keep my council & say nothing .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    To be fair SB , Wilders odds came tumbling down yesterday & then betting was suspended , I suppose it is not hard to join up the dots & come to the conclusion that Wider is the choice, bookies do not give money away , however having said that I am out of the school was says " Wait & See " , anything can happen with proposed deals & until there is an official statement declaring a new appointment I would keep my council & say nothing .
    Wilder has probably realised he mis -counted the number of zeros in the wage offer. What he thought was £30,000 a week is actually £3000 a week.

Aaaar much !

Well it's more hope than actual belief that we are even courting Wilder .

It would represent a huge change in strategy in my opinion hiring Wilder and I'm far from convinced these numb nuts who run this club are prepared to allow a seasoned football professional have that kind of free licence .

Whilst ever they believe James Cryne is a better asset than Chris Wilder then clearly it's not going to happen even if wages weren't an issue .

Not sure Wilder would buy into the “moneyball” system of constantly selling your best players every year. He tends to build “teams” and kept a pretty tight bunch together at Blades many from L1 to PL. not saying it won’t happen but I just can’t see it suiting either party.

Fair play to the Barnsley hierarchy doing their business under the radar.

Not a peep from credible journalists/ pundits on social media/ Twitter/ websites etc. Not even Radio Sheffield who know Wilder's contacts.

All we have is speculation from one random BBS poster who has since gone underground.

I hope its all kosher but it is one of the quietest, low profile appointments ever. Surely something will come out this weekend.

Is that the faint smell of bullsh1t ? I hope not. We have had enough of Big News Teasing recently.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-07-2023 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Fair play to the Barnsley hierarchy doing their business under the radar.

Not a peep from credible journalists/ pundits on social media/ Twitter/ websites etc. Not even Radio Sheffield who know Wilder's contacts.

All we have is speculation from one random BBS poster who has since gone underground.

I hope its all kosher but it is one of the quietest, low profile appointments ever. Surely something will come out this weekend.

Is that the faint smell of bullsh1t ? I hope not. We have had enough of Big News Teasing recently.
    Well it’s 13:15 on a Setdi afternoon.
    No news !!!
    If that Kes fella on the BBS is spouting duff info then he’s going to have to live with that for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Well it’s 13:15 on a Setdi afternoon.
    No news !!!
    If that Kes fella on the BBS is spouting duff info then he’s going to have to live with that for a long time.
    There's lots of stuff that people post on forums that people have to live with isn't that right YN ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's lots of stuff that people post on forums that people have to live with isn't that right YN ?
    Yes that’s right.
    I hope this is not leading up to you saying that you’ve been thinking again 😄

Wilder still overwhelming favourite with bookies 24 hours on
    Maybe there’s legs in this ?
    Sure hope so, but as animal said he wouldn’t work under the current regime.
    Be nice if the new majority shareholder can turn off in a different direction with this one and give someone like wilder a chance to build
    Probably never happen, but I can hope 🤞
    That’s what being a supporter of a club like ours has always been about

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    Wilder still overwhelming favourite with bookies 24 hours on
    Maybe there’s legs in this ?
    Sure hope so, but as animal said he wouldn’t work under the current regime.
    Be nice if the new majority shareholder can turn off in a different direction with this one and give someone like wilder a chance to build
    Probably never happen, but I can hope 🤞
    That’s what being a supporter of a club like ours has always been about
    That’s why I don’t want Wilder - because it would probably never work under the current plans for the club.

Those plans saw us finish 5th in the Championship.
    They were then blown off course by Conway thinking he could do things better.
    Which resulted in a disastrous relegation - but even after that disaster those plans were put back on track that saw us finish 4th in the 1st Division.

It’s there for everybody to see - the plans WORK given time and the right people pulling the strings eg not Conway.
    Only hitch to that is that the plans have been too successful with regard to head coach appointments.
    We need to find a way of plugging the gap of other clubs scrambling to appoint our head coaches.

On the face of it Wilder would set us back years.
    But if he comes in then OK - the board will have approved it - he’s shown he’s a motivator - although supporters at Middlesboro think he’s horrendous. - but he will only be stepping through the door at Barnsley knowing that he has to stick to the script.

So I honestly can’t see this Wilder thing happening.
    I think some idiot has floated the idea on the BBS and we have all jumped on the bandwagon.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast