+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The Wimbledon Championships 2023

O/T:- The Wimbledon Championships 2023

Nothing screams summer in this country than when the sole Grand Slam tennis tournament to be played on grass starts.

I'm meeting friends at the gates at 11am today to hopefully catch some close up action on the outside courts and have a wander around the best sporting venue I've ever been to before taking my seat on the centre court to see arguably the best tennis player of all time and certainly the most successful grand slam player ever no doubt straight set his way through to round 2.

Was wondering whether any NCM member is taking a trip down to SW19 to enter the hallows grounds of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club this year?

And can anyone actually stop the cyborg from another title? Sadly I just can't see it. At least the women's side of things looks a lot more open.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-07-2023 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

The person I'd want to bump into there is Boris Becker, just to give him a thumbs up following his release from prison. The guy has been through it. Sadly he's ruled out going back to Wimbledon this year as being too soon but hopefully he will return one day and the centre court crowd will gives him a huge ovation.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The person I'd want to bump into there is Boris Becker, just to give him a thumbs up following his release from prison. The guy has been through it. Sadly he's ruled out going back to Wimbledon this year as being too soon but hopefully he will return one day and the centre court crowd will gives him a huge ovation.
    There is a great two part documentary that was released recently about Boris's life(Netflix) thoroughly recommend it, agree, will be glad to see him back next year when his ban to the UK has passed.

Still think Boris' Wimbledon story is possibly the best ever and was fantastic to see it playing out at the time.

I went the year Lindsey Davenport won, we saw 1 full game, the end of the women's semi final and Martina knocking up in a doubles match before it rained and washed the rest of the day out. Ouch.

I can't stomach tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I can't stomach tennis.
    Me neither, so I won't be posting on this thread!

I can't stand tennis. So won't be opening the thread, as it O.T

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Still think Boris' Wimbledon story is possibly the best ever and was fantastic to see it playing out at the time.
    There is a really great bit in the documentary about how Edberg always beat Becker, I won't spoil it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Me neither, so I won't be posting on this thread!
    To late😜

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast