+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Our chances for the 2023/24 season

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Mansfield are looking very good. Definitely contenders for automatic, along with MKD and Gillingham. I think Wrexham will click at some point too.
    Swindon winning 6-0 made me sit up and take notice of them. They've never hung around tier 4 for long. Last season (10th) was their 3rd worst finish of all time, so they will expect to be in the play offs.
    Wimbledon probably gain a degree of impetus that they wouldn't have otherwise in competing with MKD.

I think it may be a very open season with teams beating each other.

Gillingham's 0 - 3 v Colchester was arguably as bad as our result at Sutton. I read that MKD have never finished below 4th at this level.

I think we just need to get on with our own game and see where it takes us. We have had a really good start I think - yes even with the Sutton result. A mark of a good team is now they respond to set-backs like that.

My feelings before the season started was that I would be happy with top-half, possibly flirting with play-offs. That still stands although I will be more disappointed now if we don't manage that.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I think it may be a very open season with teams beating each other.
    I don't disagree, but yesterday I remembered I'd not had a flutter on Notts this season (it's my only bet of the year apart from a ticket in the Grand National sweepstake). I was shocked to see us as equal favourites to gain promotion with Gillingham & Wrexham at virtually even money. MK Dons and Bradford are 2/1 and 3/1 respectively. I should have dug in right after the Sutton game.

We're also joint favourites with just Gillingham at 5/1 to be champions.

With every game, I'm getting more confident that we're going to be strong competitors again this year, but I was really surprised by those odds.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Swindon winning 6-0 made me sit up and take notice of them. They've never hung around tier 4 for long. Last season (10th) was their 3rd worst finish of all time, so they will expect to be in the play offs.
    Wimbledon probably gain a degree of impetus that they wouldn't have otherwise in competing with MKD.
    Yup, forgot about them. Definitely contenders. Presumably Stockport will get their act together at some point as well.

Let's get to 50 points and then see where we go from there.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678