+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our chances for the 2023/24 season

Our chances for the 2023/24 season

These are based on betting odds, but to avoid being seen as betting advice they have been converted to what the bookies see as the perceived probability of them happening:

1st place - 11.1%
    Promotion - 33.3%
    Top 3 - 26.7%
    Top 7 - 57.9%
    To make the playoffs - 28.6%
    To win the playoffs - 9.1%
    Top half finish - 83.3%
    Relegation - 1.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    These are based on betting odds, but to avoid being seen as betting advice they have been converted to what the bookies see as the perceived probability of them happening:

1st place - 11.1%
    Promotion - 33.3%
    Top 3 - 26.7%
    Top 7 - 57.9%
    Top half finish - 83.3%
    Relegation - 1.96%
    I'd say they are pretty realistic probabilities. I'd be very disappointed with a bottom half finish and am confident (maybe blindly) of a top 7 finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

1st place - 11.1%
    Promotion - 33.3%
    Top 3 - 26.7%
    Top 7 - 57.9%
    Top half finish - 83.3%
    Relegation - 1.96%
    Why is making top 7 different/better chances than making the playoffs? It’s harder to make top three so that should surely make it lower chances?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Why is making top 7 different/better chances than making the playoffs? It’s harder to make top three so that should surely make it lower chances?
    Because top 7 is any place from 1 to 7.

Making the playoffs is only places 4 to 7, finish 1 to 3 and a playoff bet loses.

Most realistic is a top half finish at the moment imo. We have the forwards and midfield to scare most at this level, but the defence worries me greatly. Towards the end of last season even the average teams started to realise our high-line was an issue. We badly lack pace especially in the central area. Address that however and i see no reason why we can't get top 7. Talk of top 3 and winning the league is pure fantasy as it stands.

This time LAST YEAR, Sky bet odds for L2 were....

13/2 - Stockport
    7/1 - Bradford
    8/1 - Salford
    11/1 - Mansfield, Northampton
    14/1 - Swindon
    16/1 - Leyton Orient, Tranmere
    18/1 - Doncaster, Gillingham, Walsall

So that suggests this division is a tough one to predict, certainly harder than the PL or NL.

As you'd expect, almost all of those seem on the high side (to build in margins for the bookies). Still, flattering and encouraging for us.

L2 is probably the toughest league to predict. Ordinarily teams relegated from L1 often find themselves high on the list of favourites and rarely do 2 teams come up having comprehensively destroyed the NL feature so high. Then there are teams who often find themselves there or thereabouts in odds and finishing positions in the previous season.
    I think it seems easier to predict the teams that will struggle - the likes of Crawley, Harrogate and Sutton will probably finish in the bottom 6. As always there is likely to be a surprise package at the bottom end as well as at the top end. The last couple of seasons have seen unfancied teams promoted - FGR and Leyton Orient to name 2.

It promises to be a tough and hopefully entertaining season for us.

I think Barrow will be the surprise package, I'd say there are 12 teams who will be able to be confident of promotion and Notts are definitely one of those.

Head says I think we could get in the play offs, heart wants the brilliant form from last season to drive us into the top 3. I get a feeling it’s going to be tougher than some may predict.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast