+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: L2 teams I really want us to stuff

Gillingham, they rather unnecessarily sent us down on the last day in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, it's weird, isn't it? Mansfield has pretty much always been a bog-standard fourth-division club,
    That's a bit unfair, they won ten games in the second tier (1977/78).

It would be lovely to smash Swindon home and away. Their fans cheering our relegation was truly bizarre and totally uncalled for.
    Is it bizarre? I’m sure we’d be singing ‘going down’ to fans of opposing side being relegated.

If they had nothing to play for on that final day then it isn't bizarre. If they did, then it is a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Is it bizarre? I’m sure we’d be singing ‘going down’ to fans of opposing side being relegated.
    I wouldn't be, and I'd find it weird if any of our fans did. It's different if it's a club you've got history with or a local rival.

Mansfield have got to be number one on my list. We never turn up for that game.
    Swindon would be sweet for obvious reasons but beating FGR because of Burchnal doesn't interest me, they did us a favour but i do want the six points.

Salford would be at the top of my list. But if we beat them ten times in a row, it still wouldn’t erase the memory of that awful cup defeat.

It would be lovely to smash Swindon home and away. Their fans cheering our relegation was truly bizarre and totally uncalled for.
    Same for me in terms of thoughts regarding Swindon. Even walking to their ground some were making smug comments about us getting relegated even before the outcome was actually known. Of course all clubs have them but these types don’t think about what will happen in the future.

I hope at the end of the season when it will be five years since we were relegated at Swindon we can say we beat them twice. Also I want us to say we finished above them as some justice for some of their fans that celebrated our relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmasson View Post
    Gillingham, they rather unnecessarily sent us down on the last day in recent times.
    Agree on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Mansfield have got to be number one on my list.
    Same for me. It would be nice to beat other teams like Wrexham, Salford, Harrogate and FGR because of recent rivalries and past failures, but Mansfield top my list by some distance.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast