+ Visit Charlton Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millwall Owner John Berylson R.I.P

Millwall Owner John Berylson R.I.P

Sadly the owner of Millwall, John Berylson, died on Tuesday in a tragic accident. John Berylson was an outstanding dedicated and committed owner who oversaw the promotion of Millwall to the Championship in 2017 where they remain after finishing close to the play-offs last season.

Charlton Mad sends sincere condolences to family members, Millwall fans and staff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66111276

Quote Originally Posted by valley View Post
    Sadly the owner of Millwall, John Berylson, died on Tuesday in a tragic accident. John Berylson was an outstanding dedicated and committed owner who oversaw the promotion of Millwall to the Championship in 2017 where they remain after finishing close to the play-offs last season.

Charlton Mad sends sincere condolences to family members, Millwall fans and staff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66111276
    That is very good of you Valley, you are right of course he was an outstanding Owner and there are not so many around these days where he became a member of the Millwall family, in fact his Son James will now become the Chairman. Look forward to seeing you guys down the Den on Tuesday, sadly I will miss it as I will be in Manchester but am sure you will give a good account, cheers Mate.

I hear that you are now getting new owners, so that should energise your team a bit to get back to the Championship.

Thank you Claw84. It's good to hear that the Millwall ownership will stay within the Berylson family after John's sad passing. I expect James will carry on with his dad's good work in that regard. Sadly I am unable to make the Den Tuesday evening as I have another commitment. It's a shame because I really enjoyed my last trip to a friendly at your ground some years back. Yes new owners now, we'll just have to see what happens in the new season so best if I defer any judgement until then. All the Best - Valley.

Talking about new owners Valley, you lot are coming to Brunton Park next Saturday when we will have…………new American owners. Rumours are that there’ll be some sort of celebration, just don’t go spoiling the party, right?

I didn't want to temp fate by predicting this one Griff what with your new owners bounce and our poor away record but it ended a draw which I suppose suits both teams. I will get to Brunton Park one day.