+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Is it time to expand ?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Indeed that would be a fair point
    But we haven’t sold 10k season tickets and we usually get 8 -8.5k home fans. So if we can accommodate 10.5k home fans that’s 2000 - 2500 seats for families and mates to sit next to each other

I Acknowledge that we’ve sold perhaps 500 more season tickets this season but there’s still a lot of seats available if the Rotherham public wants them
    Ok, so answer is it time to expand? End of this season, no. Year after most likely no too.
    But what threshold do we reach before we do, or is it always a no just in case we go down. As long as there are relegation spots then there is always chance we go down.

In the meantime, could we sell a few more seats if we shuffle people along yes. Even if that means just 100 more seats, that still around £40k a year.

Hopefully we get to stage when we are sold out most games. Then moaning will start when we go down Brentford route where if season ticket holders dont attend enough games, they arent allowed to renew.

If by a miracle we stay up.

Should definitely expand the away section.

Missing out on alot off money there

An extra tier on the family stand and use part of it for away supporters when appropriate. My main gripe would be about the cheap tack extra floodlights stuck under the stand roofs to accomodate the womens euro requirements. Everyone near me complain about the dazzle and distraction.Our floodlights must be the worst in the top 2 divisions.which should be an embarassment for our "lightings man" chairman,especially when they were deemed not good enough for womens football. Come on Tony get them improved and high in the sky above supporters eyeline.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    If the club makes no money from catering then why bother at all? Surely we make some money from concourse sales? Crazy if not.
    the company who run the catering( in the Lounge for example) is Elior, Maccelsfield, or that's on the receipt anyway. Years ago it was Centre Plate what ran it. TS got several millions for the contract, think it was over 3yrs.

I've said this before. If we extend above the family stand, which it was designed to do, TS said if we sell 8500 season tickets then he will extend.

Construction cost are more expensive now but, TS only finds the money to pay for it, the club rent the stadium off him at a reported 1M a season in the Championship. So really the club will pay it off eventually, and TS sits in a stadium worth a lot more than it did, winner winner.
    Once it's built, then it's done .

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Ok, so answer is it time to expand? End of this season, no. Year after most likely no too.
    But what threshold do we reach before we do, or is it always a no just in case we go down. As long as there are relegation spots then there is always chance we go down.

In the meantime, could we sell a few more seats if we shuffle people along yes. Even if that means just 100 more seats, that still around £40k a year.

Hopefully we get to stage when we are sold out most games. Then moaning will start when we go down Brentford route where if season ticket holders dont attend enough games, they arent allowed to renew.
    If I were TS I’d want to see us regularly getting 10k home fans
    He’s effectively said this in the past with 8.5k season tickets plus the usual 1.5k match ticket sales
    We might get more this season if we make decent, ambitious signings and don’t flirt with the relegation places
    Here’s hoping

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Just did do,

And you had an old man moan about it.
    That’s where we differ…..

I call 25-50 ‘young’
    50-70 ‘middle aged’
    71- to life’s end ‘old’

😉

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789