+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Grimsby Town

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I hope not. You have more vile fans than most.
    I’ve been to Grimsby more times than I can remember and have never had an issue with their supporters. I’ve seen some drunken idiots when they’ve come down here but for the most part, they’re all hot air.

Christ… you want to see the state of some of our own on match days!

Stags on the other hand!

I went to Grimsby on opening day of 2007 season and there was no trouble then, is it maybe just some of their away fans who create trouble but surely they're not as bad as Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I went to Grimsby on opening day of 2007 season and there was no trouble then, is it maybe just some of their away fans who create trouble but surely they're not as bad as Mansfield.
    My opinion is very much the travelling element. Completely trashing a train. Didn’t we stop away fans having access to seats near the pitch on the back of Grimsby fans? If they are so well behaved why is there a bigger police presence?
    I understand that some fans (of all teams) like a beer and in some cases a bit extra, IMO the couple of games they had in their promotion season, drink/class A drugs seemed to be the norm with a lot of their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I hope not. You have more vile fans than most.
    What a rude response to a civilised question, you sound like the vile person.

There has been problems in the past , but I have never really seen much home or away tbh , just hear about it through social media or people who have been there .

In the main we are a good bunch , I think most sets of fans are but there is obviously always that element that can tarnish everyone with the same brush so to speak .

I hope our game is trouble free and we give a very good football team a run for their money , but whatever the outcome both sets of fans have an enjoyable day .

Went with a friend on the train to watch Wimbledon in 21/22 so he could complete The 92. Met a load of Grimsby fans travelling to Barnet. There was a lot of them and they were fine. Every club has its bad element and yes there have definitely bee issues but no need to be rude to GrimsbySteve.

Thanks BJPie , I don't doubt there is a problematic element to our fanbase at times , but most don't go looking for trouble and we are very much a family club these days .

We have sold over 2700 tickets now so it should sell out , what do you think the overall crowd will be ?

I made the 6 hour round trip last night to Mansfield and we were very poor - but we tried quite a couple of players out of position that wont play on Saturday and your more distant neighbours played full strength and look a good side ; it could have been more .

I am looking forward to Saturday , it seems like some of your fans are having a similiar meltdown to some of ours and no doubt one set of fans will be more unhappy after Saturday (unless it's a draw ) .

I feel you will give a team a beating , hoping it's not us . How much of a loss is Baldwin ?

Looking forward to seeing Nemane , Chicksen and Bostock live as I enjoyed them as a neutral on BT sport last season and in that run in of the play-offs .

Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by GrimsbySteve View Post
    Thanks BJPie , I don't doubt there is a problematic element to our fanbase at times , but most don't go looking for trouble and we are very much a family club these days .

We have sold over 2700 tickets now so it should sell out , what do you think the overall crowd will be ?

I made the 6 hour round trip last night to Mansfield and we were very poor - but we tried quite a couple of players out of position that wont play on Saturday and your more distant neighbours played full strength and look a good side ; it could have been more .

I am looking forward to Saturday , it seems like some of your fans are having a similiar meltdown to some of ours and no doubt one set of fans will be more unhappy after Saturday (unless it's a draw ) .

I feel you will give a team a beating , hoping it's not us . How much of a loss is Baldwin ?

Looking forward to seeing Nemane , Chicksen and Bostock live as I enjoyed them as a neutral on BT sport last season and in that run in of the play-offs .

Cheers
    Steve
    Aye up Steve.

I'd imagine there will be over 10k there on Saturday. Should be a lively one!

Baldwin isn't a world beater, but he's pretty much our best defender. So yeah, it's a bit of a loss.

Mansfield look a decent side this year, so I wouldn't read too much into that. They'll be top seven for sure this year. I think both Notts and Grimsby fans will know a lot more about their sides come Saturday evening, but I have to say that I'm not confident. If you are anything like the team that beat us in the playoffs - i.e. hardworking and well-organised - we'll probably struggle.

I can see a score draw or you lot winning.

Fear Grimsby will just bully Notts and have the edge.

Last season I would agree Marky , but this time out I'm not sure - we are not a physical team but a technical one who pass it a lot with a relatively short set of players in terms of stature ; on my count we only have 3 outfielders who are likely to start over 6 foot and 2 of those will be in the back 4 . We won't be launching it up to a big man , it's playing it out from the back and all that .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast