+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keir Starmer

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Will win the next election and will be PM late next year. Anyone who doesn't think he will be a huge improvement on the current Tory Government is delusional
    Of course a Labour Government would be a "huge improvement " but that's relative.
    Bliar's Labour Government was a huge improvement on what went before but Jaysus.......what a missed chance.

Labour will be a long way from perfect but they will not be remotely as bad as the last number of years have been
    Do you want a bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Do you want a bet?
    I'll take that bet. Any day, with any leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Sir Keir Starmer’s speech pledging to smash the “class ceiling”
    Whilst I don't agree with the honours system, being knighted does not automatically make you some uber right wing elitist c**t. Plenty of working class people receive one based on achievements, not background. Kier Starmer - son of a nurse and a tool maker, worked hard, did good.

Honours system should be scrapped, but I don't have a problem with people being recognised for good work.

You're just on the wind up. I'm not saying he will be brilliant but you won't have five years of

Johnson/Truss as PM
    Patel/Braverman as Foreign Secretary
    Rabb as a Bullying Minister
    Rees Mogg/Dorries as cabinet ministers
    Cronyism via COVID funds syphoned to friends and family
    Tax breaks for the rich only
    Rule breaking because rules don't apply to them
    Attempted flights to Rwanda

I could go on and on and on but I'm bored now.

Labour will be a long way from perfect but they will not be remotely as bad as the last number of years have been
    Jason Brown was a better keeper than Bertrand Bossu. AFC were still shyte regardless

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    Kier Starmer - son of a nurse and a tool maker,.
    Really? You think he’d make more of that. Maybe mention it in a speech or something

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Jason Brown was a better keeper than Bertrand Bossu. AFC were still shyte regardless
    I'd probably rank them more Langfield/Bossu

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Do you want a bet?
    I fancy we may have different definitions of "good" and "bad" when it comes to socio-economic and socio-political societal models.
    I'm fond of fair and equitable taxation, direct taxation, with investment in key public services and regulation of "the markets".

I'd guess you're fond of reactionary, populist tabloid headlines?

Or a meringue?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Really? You think he’d make more of that. Maybe mention it in a speech or something
    Yes true, but doesn't change the fact that because someone receives an honour for their achievements it doesn't make them an elitist c**t.

He’ll undoubtedly win, but virtually solely by default, as he’s a truly awful performer as a politician, politics aside. Not as bad as the likes of Kezia Dugdale, though not too far off. His “pre-politics career” appears to be questionable too.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast