+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keir Starmer

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I fancy we may have different definitions of "good" and "bad" when it comes to socio-economic and socio-political societal models.
    I'm fond of fair and equitable taxation, direct taxation, with investment in key public services and regulation of "the markets".

I'd guess you're fond of reactionary, populist tabloid headlines?

Or a meringue?
    Some argue though that the State is already bloated and unproductive and that increases in taxation often result in reduced tax receipts. I’m inclined to the view that the Public Sector is often inefficient and that it generally doesn’t offer the taxpayer value for money … walk into any Council office or, dare I say it, the NHS and observe, critically, just how many front-line staff there are doing absolutely ***** all!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Some argue though that the State is already bloated and unproductive and that increases in taxation often result in reduced tax receipts. I’m inclined to the view that the Public Sector is often inefficient and that it generally doesn’t offer the taxpayer value for money … walk into any Council office or, dare I say it, the NHS and observe, critically, just how many front-line staff there are doing absolutely ***** all!
    A lot of bell-cow innacuracies in play in that post.
    The factual position is that, at front line, service provision level, public services are grossly underfunded.
    The inefficiencies are much higher up the food chain.
    The problems, in the short term, date back to the Major government's fragmentation of the broader public service into "Executive agencies" and such like (done with a view to privitisation and greater private sector involvement), run by boards and executives with a "style over substance" ethos.
    Because successive Governments for the last fifty odd years have been hostile to the very concept of public service, there has been zero longterm, strategic planning and investment.
    This has led to the current issues within public service.
    Until a longterm cultural ethos is adopted, putting frontline service top of the aspirational pile, we'll never progress.
    Greater private sector involvement doesn't work (see the utilities and public transport) and Governments remain hostile to them conceptually.

There’s no shortage of folk doing f*ck all in the private sector

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    Yes true, but doesn't change the fact that because someone receives an honour for their achievements it doesn't make them an elitist c**t.
    That's a tad harsh.
    I'd suggest more a two-faced tw@t who doesn't know irony when it slaps him in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I’m inclined to the view that the Public Sector is often inefficient and that it generally doesn’t offer the taxpayer value for money … walk into any Council office or, dare I say it, the NHS and observe, critically, just how many front-line staff there are doing absolutely ***** all!
    You really have next to no idea on this.

I see there are no shortage of cooncil employees ( I won't say workers) on here.

Unsurprising really given how there are three employees for every job available.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I see there are no shortage of cooncil employees ( I won't say workers) on here.

Unsurprising really given how there are three employees for every job available.
    And I thought it was just your 32” circumference bell-bottoms that gave away your obsession with the early 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    A lot of bell-cow innacuracies in play in that post.
    The factual position is that, at front line, service provision level, public services are grossly underfunded.
    The inefficiencies are much higher up the food chain.
    The problems, in the short term, date back to the Major government's fragmentation of the broader public service into "Executive agencies" and such like (done with a view to privitisation and greater private sector involvement), run by boards and executives with a "style over substance" ethos.
    Because successive Governments for the last fifty odd years have been hostile to the very concept of public service, there has been zero longterm, strategic planning and investment.
    This has led to the current issues within public service.
    Until a longterm cultural ethos is adopted, putting frontline service top of the aspirational pile, we'll never progress.
    Greater private sector involvement doesn't work (see the utilities and public transport) and Governments remain hostile to them conceptually.
    “The factual position is that …”, debate over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s no shortage of folk doing f*ck all in the private sector
    That’s up to their bosses to remedy - they are not being paid from the Public Purse.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    You really have next to no idea on this.
    Did you try it? They clearly open very early these days, or was it a hospital?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast