+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Alehouse shock

O/T Alehouse shock

Had a pint of lager on the seafront last night. Don't usually drink the stuff bit it was a warm summer's evening and I thought I'd pretend I was on holiday in Spain or somewhere. Strewth! £5.95 and my friend's half £3.30 - that's £6.60 a pint!!! What's the price of a pint Up North, or in the States, France or Australia or wherever you lot are? £6.00 a pint???!!***

£3 to £4 a pint is normal in most places in Rotherham, depending on what you're drinking.
    £5 to £6 a pint is common for ale in Leeds City Centre, though sometimes you end up with a 330ml can!

Yes It also depends what type of ale it is
    Fancy pants beer such as Brewdog, Camden and Beaverton brewery products can be £6/6.50 although Weatherspoons discount the former by £2 a pint or so
    Cooking lager like Fosters, Carling etc is usually the prices mentioned by FC above

I live in Buxton and apart from a couple of places (one of those being a 'spoons) you've done well to get change out of a fiver for a lager and there's a couple of brewery tap type places that it's nearer six.
    Not a cheap.place to drink at all, similar with the surrounding places.

It's nice to get back "home" for cheaper drinks 😆

I remember when we played Gillingham that last game,
    I was at the bar in a boozer and a lad next to me was stunned it was £5,
    I just thought, oh thats not too bad for down south 👍

Regularly meet pal in London Liverpool Street to watch footy and the prices there are £6.70 for stella and 7.80 for peroni. Having to go less and less. Price lept up all over London and much of south east

Just an addition.
    Similar to what flour mentions, the £5 is for the bog standard stuff. It can rise quite drastically for the "trendy" or premium ones

Here around the Pacific Northwest of the US a 16oz "pint" will cost you between $6-$7 at a typical craft brewpub with $1 off during Happy Hour which seems to usually be a couple of hours between 3pm-6pm. I guess translated into a UK 20oz pint and converted into sterling that equates to £6-£7. I'm not sure about the mass produced offerings as I don't touch the stuff but I see Bud at around the equivalent of £5.

When we were back in the UK at Easter I seem to remember paying £3.80/pint around Barnsley.

I still drink John Smith's Magnet, and in Greasboro it's £4.20 and £4.40 in the 2 pubs what sell it. Mill Dam sells Craft beer at £2'60 Mon to Weds, and usually have some good beers on, £3.60 at the other times.

If you want fancy lager then get ready to pay over a fiver.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I still drink John Smith's Magnet, and in Greasboro it's £4.20 and £4.40 in the 2 pubs what sell it. Mill Dam sells Craft beer at £2'60 Mon to Weds, and usually have some good beers on, £3.60 at the other times.

If you want fancy lager then get ready to pay over a fiver.
    What's the magnet like Avondalemiller, That was my drink before John Smiths took it down, who does it now, they have it in Bottom club in Swinton, Lockies in Wombwell. But not much kop. Magnet always tuppence more than bitter, a lot supped mixed so 1 penny dearer than bitter.
    Head of Steam in Sheffield one of the dearest pubs we drink.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast