+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Gordon

Anthony Gordon

Scored his 3rd goal in 3 games at u21 euro playing up front for England.
    I cant remember which players Gordon substituted for Newcastle, but I think he was played mainly in the center (not even Almiron or ASM position).
    Can he take more attacking role next season? May be fight for his spot with Miggy? I cant see him getting in Longy, Joe, Bruno midfield with Tonally addition.

Aye - he's looked good for the U21's in that role.

Certainly something for Eddie and co to ponder.

I think he'll be better full stop next season though, by his own admission he wasn't fit enough from when he signed.

Aye, he didn't hit the ground running and spent the rest of the season playing catch-up.

Could be a real asset next season.

Played forward left or right vast majority of the time, if I rem right he only played once in midfield final game last season when we had no one available to play in the middle.

Expect he’ll start a lot more games next season, and wouldn’t be surprised if ASM moved on and Gordon was the beneficiary.

He came in last season, into a settled team that was doing well, and he’s claimed he was massively unfit in comparison to the rest of the squad.

This U21 football will be great prep for him before pre season, and I think we will see why Howe bought him over next season.

Yes, I was thinking about ASM as I wrote that.

Gordon would, more than likely, be a more consistent performer on the left than Maxi.

He just needs faith shown in him and to be given a run in the starting 11 and we will see the best of him.

I don’t know why I was convinced he was Scottish

Scottish name and he looks Scottish IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    😁 Know exactly what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I see it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)