+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Football Radar

Quote Originally Posted by TedBovisPie View Post
    If money was tight I don’t think a new quality PA system on a stadium you don’t own is a sound investment. Pun intended.
    We do own the stadium, we don't own the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    We do own the stadium, we don't own the land.
    So we don't own the land, we don't own the lease, but we own the stadium? Just trying to get me dux/pies in a row on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    So we don't own the land, we don't own the lease, but we own the stadium? Just trying to get me dux/pies in a row on the situation.
    So the land is owned by the council. That is leased to the Hayden Green estate (was originally to Hayden Green himself) who sub lease to Notts (or at least this was the case before the Danes took over). The buildings upon the land are owned by Notts.

I'm not entirely sure right now about the involvement of the Hayden Green estate, they had a secured loan given to Notts that would allow them to protect the club from a dodgy owner, which is what they threatened to use against Hardy when he wanted to sell to that scammer that would have plunged us into admin (normally a bad thing but in this case would have saved us from scammers as it was out of Hardy's hands) but the brothers have cleared all the debts to external sources and no charges are now active on companies house

So the land is owned by the council. That is leased to the Hayden Green estate (was originally to Hayden Green himself) who sub lease to Notts (or at least this was the case before the Danes took over). The buildings upon the land are owned by Notts.

I'm not entirely sure right now about the involvement of the Hayden Green estate, they had a secured loan given to Notts that would allow them to protect the club from a dodgy owner, which is what they threatened to use against Hardy when he wanted to sell to that scammer that would have plunged us into admin (normally a bad thing but in this case would have saved us from scammers as it was out of Hardy's hands) but the brothers have cleared all the debts to external sources and no charges are now active on companies house

Ahhh, so dodgy owner shows up, "We wanna buy the club" they sez. Green estate not liking the look of them sez , "Well OK, but you're gonna have to buy the lease off us as well, which is secured with a 5million? loan to the club that needs to be repaid in full, mush" *Dodgy owner exits left*. Good owner shows up and they are willing to keep the lease as it stands in place, with peppercorn rent in tow. Now that's what I call a plan.

So what happened with Munto then?
    Last edited by countygump; 10-07-2023 at 08:43 AM.

Ahhh, so dodgy owner shows up, "We wanna buy the club" they sez. Green estate not liking the look of them sez , "Well OK, but you're gonna have to buy the lease off us as well, which is secured with a 5million? loan to the club that needs to be repaid in full, mush" *Dodgy owner exits left*. Good owner shows up and they are willing to keep the lease as it stands in place, with peppercorn rent in tow. Now that's what I call a plan.

It wasn't anything to do with the lease, one of either Trew or Hardy took out a loan from them (through the club). It gave them leverage to protect the club at the time. I remember Leigh Curtis writing about it and the fact the estate have up the leverage once the Reedtz took over makes me think that they are the real deal. The estate didn't have to give that up

It wasn't anything to do with the lease, one of either Trew or Hardy took out a loan from them (through the club). It gave them leverage to protect the club at the time. I remember Leigh Curtis writing about it and the fact the estate have up the leverage once the Reedtz took over makes me think that they are the real deal. The estate didn't have to give that up
    So the loan wasn't the original monies that Haydn Green put into the club, (to buy the lease and keep the club afloat), it was a later transaction between The Green estate and one of the owners you mentioned that may have well been repaid/written off? by the Broz. Hence (if you include repayment of the loan), why it's cost them 12 mill+ to buy and maintain the club in the years that they have owned it.

Munto? John Armstrong-Holmes and his dodgy knitwear is what happened.

So the loan wasn't the original monies that Haydn Green put into the club, (to buy the lease and keep the club afloat), it was a later transaction between The Green estate and one of the owners you mentioned that may have well been repaid/written off? by the Broz. Hence (if you include repayment of the loan), why it's cost them 12 mill+ to buy and maintain the club in the years that they have owned it.
    I believe so, will try and dig out the article that explained it. Think they took a loan to cover payroll or something like that. A bit like when Pavis covered payroll

I believe so, will try and dig out the article that explained it. Think they took a loan to cover payroll or something like that. A bit like when Pavis covered payroll
    The Lease on the ground is for 150 years at 20k per year with conditions.

I must say that this thread started as a load of bo11ocks and now it's turned into a bigger load of bo11ocks

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast