+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Season....

New Season....

Posts on this forum are dramatically down, over some considerable time now, Assumingly/presumably due to postings of annoying drivel being from one consistently annoying poster who has driven people away. Myself included. Thankfully, this annoyance hasn't appeared in any recent threads, recently, since I have decided to catch up here again. Let's all start posting again, giving our opinions, good or bad.Talk about the match, without worrying about who the referee and linesmen are🤔Mon the South!

Very much looking forward to this season! Interested to see Big Marv continue to put his stamp on the team as well. I think we will likely be floating around 5/6th spot this year depending on if he gets those extra few bodies through the door.

Under Bartley I anticipate a higher finishing position than last season which means a play off spot at worst. Looking forward to the start of the campaign with the new balanced structure coupled with his type of players. Mon the South 👏👏

End of season results speak for themselves. Marvin did the business. Lots of reasons to be excited for next season. Another decent looking signing confirmed earlier. Let's hope this new optimism brings people back to posting regularly on this messageboard,with good honest debate and views regarding all things about QOS and not tedious twaddle about who the match referee will be. BRING BACK THE BLETHER! I can take the flack. Let's make this season great.Both on the pitch and on here.!

Young Finlay Kennedy has impressed so far in pre season games but is still at school. Let’s get him signed up
    , maybe the tanner fund could help out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Young Finlay Kennedy has impressed so far in pre season games but is still at school. Let’s get him signed up
    , maybe the tanner fund could help out.
    Yes Johnny could not agree more and also glad the forward from Aldershot FC who showed up well in the friendlies has put pen to paper. Hopefully a striker will follow soon to replace Paton who, I see, scored the winner for Queens Park away at Ross County.

I wonder where Lewis Gibson fits into Bartleys plans this season. Wee man carrying a few wee niggles right now after picking up an illness on holiday.

Lewis Gibson will very much be part of Marvin ' s plans, once he becomes match fit. He's been unfortunate with injuries for some time, and he probably just needs a period of rest to recover from them and the fact he is still growing!
    With all due respect to the last few mangerial appointments, Marvin is in a different league, and Queens will do well to hold onto him.
    It's a pity we can't have an apprentice who learns the craft from the master and steps into his boots when he departs. Unfortunately, that doesn't apply in football and for small clubs like Queens, it can be 2 steps forward, then 3 steps back.

The new winger apparently is rapid. Someone I’m looking forward to seeing play.

Well I do hope that everyone managed to make it through the close season unscathed although it was touch and go at one stage. Whilst we have to wait until Tuesday evening for Queens first game in the tournament it is very much a relief to have the football back so let's hope for a successful campaign under Marvelous Marvin Bartley. Mon the South 👏👏.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)