+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Where will we finish 2023/24?

I think I said 5th and still feel that’s about right, assuming we make 2-3 additions in Jan that can contribute.
    I don’t feel we need a plan B as far as system/formation are concerned, but looking at that bench on Saturday I didn’t feel like anyone could come on and change the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I think I said 5th and still feel that’s about right, assuming we make 2-3 additions in Jan that can contribute.
    I don’t feel we need a plan B as far as system/formation are concerned, but looking at that bench on Saturday I didn’t feel like anyone could come on and change the game.
    Agree on the basics of the system but do think there is a good call for a plan A+ (and even a plan A-).

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think L2 will be weaker next season with no standout teams, so I fancy our chances of a top three finish then if we get recruitment right and learn from our mistakes.
    The teams coming down from L1 are always something of an enigma, so it might be a bit early to assume anything about next season (will Reading continue to be such a basket case club, for instance?). Plus there’s Chesterfield probably coming back up.

I think I predicted 13th, but obviously hoped we’d finish higher. We’ve already lost twice as many games as in the whole of last season, but overall we’ve proved capable of beating the average teams and struggled against the best. Important run of games now against teams we need to be beating if we want to stay in touch with the top 3.

If Luke Williams does leave (he hasn't yet naysayers) then I guess we'll all have to rethink our predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The teams coming down from L1 are always something of an enigma, so it might be a bit early to assume anything about next season (will Reading continue to be such a basket case club, for instance?). Plus there’s Chesterfield probably coming back up.

I think I predicted 13th, but obviously hoped we’d finish higher. We’ve already lost twice as many games as in the whole of last season, but overall we’ve proved capable of beating the average teams and struggled against the best. Important run of games now against teams we need to be beating if we want to stay in touch with the top 3.
    Think you can forget top three realistically youve got a fight on to stay in the play offs

So 14th then and very few of us predicted that. Shocking and a total waste of a season, hope next season isn't worse.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    So 14th then and very few of us predicted that. Shocking and a total waste of a season, hope next season isn't worse.
    Depends if SM and RM are here

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I was one of the five who predicted 12th-15th and cited our dodgy defence as a likely big problem. I do think we might have finished higher if Luke Williams had stayed, but that’s football.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617