+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish 2023/24?

New season predictions

So, where do people think we'll finish this season?

It's hard to say as I have no idea how we'll adapt to a higher standard of opposition, but I think the bookies odds are extremely flattering.

I'll go for a top half finish, just outside the playoffs. Let's say 9th.

We'll have a slow start that will test everyone's resolve, but we'll eventually pick up speed and finish strongly. The following season we'll be playoff contenders.

*I tried to create a pol for this but failed miserably. If anyone wants to turn this into a poll, please feel free.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 11-07-2023 at 06:35 AM.

Solid mid-table, not bothering the promotion or relegation contenders.

I think top ten is realistic. I’ll go for 9th as well. That’d be a decent season I reckon.

Mid table tops, possible a relegation scare. Doesn't look like we will be signing a decent centre back, and right now, if we do they'll be behind in pre season and we will be going up against a lot of teams that can hurt us and won't sit back like they did last year. Their fitness will be higher so if they press us, they won't be gassed after 60 minutes, I think people forget League 2 will be difficult

Too early to speculate. Everyone seems to think that Wrexham will romp it having not yet strengthened, yet we lose one of our starting 11, and we are mid table. That logic doesn’t make sense to me. Unless of course RR was much better than some give him credit for.
    I’ve said before that L2 is too difficult to call before a ball is kicked. Ole try if teams have added good players who have knocked about higher up, us included.
    I’m not going to read anything in to Saturdays demolition by Stoke. Neither side at full strength. I can imagine Notts players have been ran ragged in to the lead up to that game, giving a leggy performance. I can’t imagine the players had much of a briefing about Stoke when the main aim is to simply get minutes in to legs. All these will be factors when Notts start League action.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Too early to speculate. Everyone seems to think that Wrexham will romp it having not yet strengthened, yet we lose one of our starting 11, and we are mid table. That logic doesn’t make sense to me. Unless of course RR was much better than some give him credit for.
    I’ve said before that L2 is too difficult to call before a ball is kicked. Ole try if teams have added good players who have knocked about higher up, us included.
    I’m not going to read anything in to Saturdays demolition by Stoke. Neither side at full strength. I can imagine Notts players have been ran ragged in to the lead up to that game, giving a leggy performance. I can’t imagine the players had much of a briefing about Stoke when the main aim is to simply get minutes in to legs. All these will be factors when Notts start League action.
    Being a bit of an optimist I can see a late run nudging us into the playoffs.

Earlier than expected, but this is the one pre season thread I've been looking forward to.

There appears to be a sense of self preservation on this thread, almost verging on cherophobia. Both us and Wrexham quite literally ripped up the NL last season suggesting they were two teams that were far too good for that league. Since then we have lost one player and managed to bring in some real quality. Whilst I understand concerns around the back 3 I still think we should be challenging for a play off spot as a bare minimum. It's long season and if things aren't working I have enough trust in LW and the club to identify what isn't working and put it right. We have a head coach who players will run through brick walls for, and a squad with a wonderful mix of youth, experience and quality. Play offs here we come!

I think we will start the season strong perhaps sit at the top for a short while until we fade with other teams having sussed us. We come back strong towards the end of the season but just miss the playoff places. Sounds like a decent season to me.

Top 4 - unless something we haven't seen coming surfaces.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast