+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Kit Fit for a Kin9!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Got to admit fellas. Brought a lump to my throat and a tear in my eye. Ahh great days. R,I,p,jeff

Best kit in years!

I’ll be in the minority but I think it looks like an insipid piece of tat.

The prices are also a disgrace, just for once it would be nice if clubs appreciated the financial constraints of many fans and sold at fair prices.

A cost price of £6 to £7 tops shouldn’t be getting multiplied into a retail price of £55.

It doesn’t even look as if it’s a decent quality of polyester.

An absolute rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    Got to admit fellas. Brought a lump to my throat and a tear in my eye. Ahh great days. R,I,p,jeff
    I was the same , I filled up.
    I was Jeff's paper kid, I went to every round,replays and the Cup final .
    After each round I said to Jeff we are going to win this ,after we won it Jeff signed my ticket and gave me a 10 bob tip which was the price of the ticket . I've still got the ticket , would be nice to get Bomber to sign it.

Really, really like that top. No way on earth am I shelling out £55 on recycled materials though, no matter how ethically they've been sourced. Liking the promotional video as well.

Like this kit a lot!

Isn't it ironic we have no number 9 in the squad!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Really, really like that top. No way on earth am I shelling out £55 on recycled materials though, no matter how ethically they've been sourced. Liking the promotional video as well.
    That’s my biggest issue 68.

There’s varying qualities of polyester as well and technologies such as dri-fit etc in the better quality garments, this kit looks the cheapest of the cheap to my eye.

It would be nice to see clubs doing a £39.99 adult kit and the junior sizes at £29.99.

The clue with the true costs of these shirts is their sale price at the end, they usually go for around £15……..they more than get their money back by selling at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    That’s my biggest issue 68.

There’s varying qualities of polyester as well and technologies such as dri-fit etc in the better quality garments, this kit looks the cheapest of the cheap to my eye.

It would be nice to see clubs doing a £39.99 adult kit and the junior sizes at £29.99.

The clue with the true costs of these shirts is their sale price at the end, they usually go for around £15……..they more than get their money back by selling at that price.
    100% agree with the comments on cost, personally I do like the kit, it feels like an Albion shirt, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    100% agree with the comments on cost, personally I do like the kit, it feels like an Albion shirt, if that makes sense.
    I also feel it’s hideous that this horrible regime at our club are trading on the history of Jeff Astle.

I’m actually a bit surprised that the foundation have allowed themselves to be tied to this.

I get it that I’m on my home here but I just feel it’s not only profiteering but it’s also manipulative.

A fresh new owner with the right ethics doing this would’ve been very acceptable.

But Lai!!???

Each to their own opinion. I have been up to the shop with my mate and we have both bought the home shirt and they were doing a brisk trade in the new shirt. First shirt I have bought in years. I am getting behind my club whether it benefits the Chinese tw*t or not. I love watching them whether they are sh(te or brilliant. At my age now i don't know how many more seasons I have got to enjoy them so f*ck Lai and come on you Baggies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)