+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T I've done some daft things in my time

O/T I've done some daft things in my time

...but this is surely is one of the daftest ever

I've just visited my lovely Mum who sadly, is back in RDGH. Whilst sat with her I asked what the water and white sediment was in her plastic cup. She told me it was a laxative mixture. Anyway suffice to say we sat chatting for some time.

I had already placed my Costa drink on her table so easy to reach. Having been there a couple of hours and feeling the heat on the ward, I was feeling rather parched. Without thinking I just naturally picked up the nearest plastic cup filled with water in order to quench my first.

I was halfway down the drink when my Mum shouted out to stop! I asked what was wrong then she told me I'd drunk her Picolax laxative drink. Now for anyone who has ever drank Picolax, you'll know it has a swift outcome. I gave my Mum a kiss goodbye on the forehead and beat a hasty retreat to my car.

I drove home, albeit over the speed limit, as I could feel something happening. I parked the car up got in the house and made a Usain Bolt dash to the bathroom.....and I just made it in time!

There's daft and downright silly and this has to be at the top of my all time mishaps, funny I know as my Wife, Daughter and Sister have laughed and laughed at my predicament. Have to agree I'm broadly smiling whilst I type this up

Anyone else got any daft stories/predicaments they can relate to?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ...but this is surely is one of the daftest ever

I've just visited my lovely Mum who sadly, is back in RDGH. Whilst sat with her I asked what the water and white sediment was in her plastic cup. She told me it was a laxative mixture. Anyway suffice to say we sat chatting for some time.

I had already placed my Costa drink on her table so easy to reach. Having been there a couple of hours and feeling the heat on the ward, I was feeling rather parched. Without thinking I just naturally picked up the nearest plastic cup filled with water in order to quench my first.

I was halfway down the drink when my Mum shouted out to stop! I asked what was wrong then she told me I'd drunk her Picolax laxative drink. Now for anyone who has ever drank Picolax, you'll know it has a swift outcome. I gave my Mum a kiss goodbye on the forehead and beat a hasty retreat to my car.

I drove home, albeit over the speed limit, as I could feel something happening. I parked the car up got in the house and made a Usain Bolt dash to the bathroom.....and I just made it in time!

There's daft and downright silly and this has to be at the top of my all time mishaps, funny I know as my Wife, Daughter and Sister have laughed and laughed at my predicament. Have to agree I'm broadly smiling whilst I type this up

Anyone else got any daft stories/predicaments they can relate to?

Stay close to the bathroom. The suffering could go on all day.

You are full of shyte, after all.

I once ran for a bus and as I got along side the driver pulled away. People on the bus were looking and smirking so I just sped up, ran past the bus to make it look like I wasn't even trying to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Stay close to the bathroom. The suffering could go on all day.

You are full of shyte, after all.

Love you too

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    I once ran for a bus and as I got along side the driver pulled away. People on the bus were looking and smirking so I just sped up, ran past the bus to make it look like I wasn't even trying to catch it.
    Ala Peter Kay style .....

Daughter constipated. I told her to get some prune juice from asda. And drink about 200ml. She liked the taste and drank nearly a pint. She was upstairs for hours, saying it was brutal.

Try some bananas, bungs the system up
    John Wayne used to swear by them….allegedly

Going back 40 years ago, I suffered regular migraines. On a visit to my old mum who was paralyzed with MS. I asked if she had any pain killers. She pointed to a box on the sideboard and I took two though she warned they were strong and only needed one.

I soon felt better and went home feeling quite happy. I felt so good I decided to go for a pint at the Butchers Arms (now demolished) and sat down with some mates.

I suddenly became aware of a dimembered hand holding a pint floating about Infront of me. I thought it was amazing watching it. My mates were staring at me and I started laughing like a nutter. I seemed to be floating in a bubble and going to the gents I seemed to be walking like Mr Soft from the soft mints ad on the telly in them days. I don't remember much else except everything was right in the world and happiness reigned supreme.

The following week I went to see mum again and asked what was those pain killers I'd taken. She pointed to the box still on the sideboard which I picked up and read the info sheet inside.....I'd taken a double dose of morphine.

It was a jolly good experience never repeated I must add, but I can see how people can easily get addicted.

1st post btw.

One Christmas all the family were together , roasting chestnuts on the fire . Apparently no one had pierced the shells first and as I bit into mine it exploded in my mouth. Obviously everyone thought it was hysterical except me, cut and bleeding lips swelling by the minute. As a ****ager at the time, my Christmas was practically ruined

Well, not a bad start, Bradgate. I'd like to say I've never done anything stupid in my life but I can think of a couple of football related incidents. When I was about 11 or 12 I told some older boys I was a brilliant goalkeeper (sheer fantasy) so they said they'd take shots at me. The first one was hard and low towards the post but I dived to my left and to my own astonishment pulled off an amazing one-handed save. It broke my wrist.
    When I was somewhat older I was waiting to come on in a match and I lit up a fag. While I was lighting it someone kicked the ball hard in my direction. It hit me on the end of the thumb and broke it - evening lost to A&E.
    It took me years to give up smoking and football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast