Three weeks away from the start of the new season and the squad is in a state of flux as the transfer window unfolds so where are we at?

We've said goodbye to some of the key figures of last season's excellent squad: goalie James Trafford has gone back to City and is probably going to sign for Burnley for a reputed £15million rising to £19 million. MJ Williams has signed for MK Dons. WB Conor Bradley has returned to Liverpool. Attacking midfielder Kieran Lee has moved on to retirement or may still play on at 35 elsewhere and one or two non regulars have also left the building.
Incoming? Couple of free transfer goalies, Dan Nlundulu signed permanently following a "mixed" loan spell, young Forrester in from Vale - enough to put a team out but not the excitement we were promised when the early rumours of Wilson, Baccus and Flick came to nothing.

As is becoming traditional at BWFC one of our regular starters got severely injured in the pre-season - this time it was CB George Johnston who did an ACL just 10 minutes into the first game and who is now out for the season.

We allegedly have a transfer budget so this season we won't just be looking at unattached players and loans - but having made the rookie error of telling the media we have some money at last, player demands are on the rise and fans are desperate for us to spend it. But we won't - not unless the right players come along at the right price.

And for that I'm grateful. These owners are clearly intent on us never returning to the dark days of financial insolvency that almost put us out of existence and I for one would rather see us struggle on the pitch rather than blow what money we've scraped together on greedy players/agents or on fanciful purchases designed to please the fans.

We have a plan and I pray and hope the owners stick to it. So we wait. Nervously.