+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RIP MY DAd Notts County since 1959

My condolences Davy. Take care mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Thanks everybody for kind wishes, and yes he did know his team Notts County were back in the league, we listened to slater and Stallard , and watched the goals on video many times
    Sorry for your loss Davy500. Your Dad taking you to your first game will doubt resonate with many fans, as it does myself as well. It's good that you have the memories to look back on, and it's good that he knew his team got back to where it belongs.

I don't know you or your Dad, Davy500, but I'm sorry for your loss, Notts Brother.

my dad took me to my first Notts game in '72 and he's still shuffling around complaining about short corners now at 86. I took my son nearly 5,000 miles to see his first Notts game aged 8, and now he supports x-games mountain biking ]what is the emoji for shrugs?[

So sorry to read of the loss of your Dad, Davy. Hopefully, in time, you'll be able to look back on your Notts experiences together and remember the joy of a shared passion. Never let that leave you x

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    So sorry to read of the loss of your Dad, Davy. Hopefully, in time, you'll be able to look back on your Notts experiences together and remember the joy of a shared passion. Never let that leave you x
    Thanks every body for your kind wishes, both myself and my Dad would have been very happy. Meadow Lane will always be a special place for me when i go, i will fell a closeness with my Dad,when i am there in fact at the first home game against Grimsby i will probalbly be in tears

Sympathy and condolences from me, Davy, at this sad time for you. Loved ones never leave you, they just join you from a different place.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Sympathy and condolences from me, Davy, at this sad time for you. Loved ones never leave you, they just join you from a different place.
    Thinking about ordering a big Notts County flag, and then getting black and white Balloons for his funeral

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Thinking about ordering a big Notts County flag, and then getting black and white Balloons for his funeral
    Commiserations from yet another *BMD member.

*Blame My Dad

So sorry to hear of your loss Davy. I remember fondly my dad on his death bed apologising to me that he won’t be around to see Notts in the Premier League. I just replied, Dad, I don’t think I’ll live that long either. We are all Notts to the end. Take care pal.

Commiserations to you and the family Davy.
    My dad took me to my first match in the late 60's, he wasn't a football fan and he had taken me to Forest first but it was too crowded and he didn't like getting pushed about so someone suggested Notts and he preferred the atmosphere there taking me until I was allowed to go on my own.
    He then went on to sell 100 plus County 75 tickets a week in the local pub after I had brought 10 home one week and asked him to sell them , so even though he wasn't really a football fan he was a Notts fan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234