+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Southend United FC

Looks like they have been saved

Link here
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-10-2023 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Tidied link

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Looks like they have been saved

Link here
    Some decent news for Scunny as well, hopefully?

S****horpe United can confirm that a takeover has been completed for the club by local businesswoman Michelle Harness.

A current Director of the club, and former Commercial Manager of over 15 years at the Iron, Michelle has acquired the club from the outgoing David Hilton.

Following a busy few days of negotiations and putting plans in place, Michelle is delighted to be taking on the football club, saying: “I would like to thank everyone who assisted in the transaction, especially David Hilton.

“There are a lot of challenges and problems to overcome, but David has taken no fee for the club, and wiped all monies that he personally invested to enable this deal to happen. I wish him and his family all the best for the future, and I hope he finds some peace away from football.

“I’d also like to acknowledge the efforts of Simon Elliott, who has massively assisted in getting this deal over the line. There is now a lot of work to do behind the scenes to get our great football club back on track, and that work starts immediately with the fantastic team we have working for us, starting with the appointment of a new board.”

https://www.s****horpe-united.co.uk/...lub-statement/

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Some decent news for Scunny as well, hopefully?

S****horpe United can confirm that a takeover has been completed for the club by local businesswoman Michelle Harness.
    Glad for these two clubs but there will probably be another in a similar position before long.
    Reading? Sheffield Wednesday? Thread topics on the latter's forum last time I looked included "Financial Armageddon", "Companies house notice" and "So, if the tax bill goes unpaid."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456