+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Are you telling me I can't voice my opinion?

I notice you didn't respond yesterday when I pointed out that I do also make positive comments where there's an opportunity? You seem to have an issue with me pointing out that I'm not happy with the manager. It's not like no one did that before is it?
    No issue with you buddy. It's just that continuing to post Goodwin out 5 times a day on 2 boards is pi55ing in the wind.
    Ogren out is a different call though 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    What are your expectations of this season then Terry? Bouncing along the foot of the championship is a very real scenario that fellow Arabs are starting to mention. Now ive used "IF" in my post as i dont think that scenario plays out, but IF we dont empty the ugly sisters that are Mulgrew and The Clown, then there does not appear to be any cash available to find what might turn out to be a gem of a player and we end up in danger!

If you reply, you are gonna have to come up with more than a one liner, and i know who mah Auntie would be IF she had baws! You will also have lost the argument if you mention anything about we being Dundee United!
    My point being, is that a realist expectation for the season ahead? I don't think so and it shouldn't be either, for anyone.

Can it happen? You never know I guess but I think it's pretty unlikely and you are partaking in a little hyperbole. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    No issue with you buddy. It's just that continuing to post Goodwin out 5 times a day on 2 boards is pi55ing in the wind.
    Ogren out is a different call though 😎
    I think your are right BTW but I also think you are pissing in wind if you think ADS will change at all.
    🤪

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    My point being, is that a realist expectation for the season ahead? I don't think so and it shouldn't be either, for anyone.

Can it happen? You never know I guess but I think it's pretty unlikely and you are partaking in a little hyperbole. ��
    This is definitely tinted specs on mate and a bit of hubris. Its the same attitude as last season when we said we would go down from about October but again and again people didn't believe or simply didn't want to believe its possible.

In 4 days we have lost away to a team who had only won 1 single game against a professional team in their history and last night lost AT HOME to a team who just lost 4-5 of their best players from last season. We have now lost 7 in a row.

Im genuinely stunned if we have any fans that don't think the bottom end of the league is a realistic position that we could find ourselves in.

Going away to Arbroath, Morton, Partick is harder than away to Spartans and we will be doing it with the same manager and same squad (apparently) that we have now. So where is the improvement needed going to come from to win the games that keep us away from lower end?

We didn't go down because of what happened Oct to Jan, that was our best spell of the season, we got to 10th, but didn't address the gk issue which along with injuries and bad luck seen us on a poor run late Jan onwards

I think even with the team and squad we have, we should be capable of competing for the league, it's a poor standard, thistle are bang average, JG needs to find a system and the right xi, if he can't do that (we need to give him some league games to try) then we need to bite the bullet and go for Robbie Neilson, that will guarantee an improvement even if he ish popular for whatever reason (apart from leaving when he did he was a pretty good Utd manager)

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    This is definitely tinted specs on mate and a bit of hubris. Its the same attitude as last season when we said we would go down from about October but again and again people didn't believe or simply didn't want to believe its possible.

In 4 days we have lost away to a team who had only won 1 single game against a professional team in their history and last night lost AT HOME to a team who just lost 4-5 of their best players from last season. We have now lost 7 in a row.

Im genuinely stunned if we have any fans that don't think the bottom end of the league is a realistic position that we could find ourselves in.

Going away to Arbroath, Morton, Partick is harder than away to Spartans and we will be doing it with the same manager and same squad (apparently) that we have now. So where is the improvement needed going to come from to win the games that keep us away from lower end?
    To be fair I fully accepted we'd go down from very early in last season. Was obvious to me. ☹️

Just to play devils advocate, Partick lost more than half of their first team at the end of the season and last night they looked no different to the team that lost out to County! Get Levein in now to help build a squad! This rebuild is massive and needs more than one man trying to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Ogren out is a different call though ��
    I hardly think anything I post will make a blind bit of difference to any positional appointments within the club. I think however that if you don't like what I'm posting then skip on past to the next post. For what it's worth, if he turns us round then great I'm all for that, I just can't see it happening. But you accusing me of wanting United to lose just to prove myself right is f*cking b*llocks though

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think your are right BTW but I also think you are pissing in wind if you think ADS will change at all.
    ��
    I was once called a happy clapper on here I'll have you know

Genuine question

Who thinks Goodwin is the man to take us forward and why?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)