+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction League 2023-2024

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Due to technical difficulties, the new updated table will now be posted tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
    Well it's tomorrow slow coach. Chop chop
    Get your finger out.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Well it's tomorrow slow coach. Chop chop
    Get your finger out.
    Cayton, thanks for the kick up the harris. The technical difficulty was that I had no lead in my pencil.........to work out the results!

Well, our first set of results are in and there are some eager beavers waiting to see how their season kicked off so, let's take a look how it all panned out.

Luckily I chose 10 fixtures that actually took place. Can you believe there was a postponed game due to a waterlogged pitch!
    I digress, here's the first table.

Weekly winner(s): Being an average low scoring show, only one person took the reins and set the early bench mark. Well done to Grist with his 9 point tally. Add his bonus 5 points and he's off and running heading the table.

Predict a score: No winners so it's a rollover, already! The result was a Crawley 1 - 0 win.

Jokers played: Not surprised to see any played, although CAM says he was tempted, bet he's glad he didn't play his.

Wooden Spoon(s): One to give out so you might as well get it over with and out of your system and it goes to Millersrus for his 1 solitary point. Mind you there were some close calls but well done for taking the pressure off us all
    A newbie has also set off well which is also good to see.

The Table

Grist = 9+5=14
    GlennMiller =6
    Millertop =6
    Nardendee =6
    Ackworth=5
    Avondale=5
    Millerstime=5
    Ronners=5
    adventus=4
    CT Milller=4
    ELK=4
    Harpo88=4
    Millerstale=4
    Bramley=3
    Cayton=3
    Lolmorgan=3
    pip_y=3
    ThaiMiller=3
    Brin=2
    CAM=2
    Clarkey=2
    HK Miller=2
    Nez=2
    Millersrus=1

Bloodyhell let me take a good look at that before I end up at other end

Well done Grist with a good start

Another week has flown by so there are a few changes in the table. From the chosen 10 games there were a total of 32 goals scored which was fairly high to say it was the first week of the Premiership with Newcastle smashing 5 past Villa. There was only one drawn fixture which a couple of you benefitted from.

No shows: x 2 those being ELK and Millerstime. I hope ELK hasn't thrown the towel in already with his statement of not posting again.

Weekly winner(s): This chap will think it's just beginners luck of a new season but Millertop was the highest scorer and the only one of us hitting double digits so, with his bonus, scores a tidy 15 points, well done for that.

Predict a score: It was a rollover so double points up for grabs. We had one solitary winner as Everton lost to Fulham 0 v 1. Quite a few of us got the result correct but with too many goals. The winner picking up the 4 points is Avondale. Congrats on that. I think the suggestion to rollover the points if not won is a good one and gives a welcome boost should you be lucky to bag a rollover.

Jokers played: None played.

Wooden Spoon(s): Thanks to ThaiMiller for his honesty in pointing out he was the only winner of a spoon due to him scoring only 2 points. Well done Sir take a bow.....err and a spoon

After one week we have a new leader as Millertop rises to the top knocking Grist off his podium seat. Will Grist be looking to come back with some fancy footwork and combination to knock MillerTop out of the chair next week, we can but wait and see.

The Table

Millertop =6+15=21
    Grist = 9+5=14+4=18
    GlennMiller =6+9=15
    Avondale=5+9=14
    Ronners=5+9=14
    Harpo88=4+8=12
    Nardendee =6+6=12
    Bramley=3+8=11
    Cayton=3+8=11
    Ackworth=5+5=10
    Brin=2+8=10
    CAM=2+8=10
    HK Miller=2+8=10
    Millerstale=4+6=10
    Adventus=4+4=8
    CT Milller=4+4=8
    pip_y=3+5=8
    Clarkey=2+5=7
    Lolmorgan=3+4=7
    Millersrus=1+6=7
    Nez=2+4=6
    Millerstime=5+0=5
    ThaiMiller=3+2=5
    LeedsMiller=4
    ELK=4+0=4
    Last edited by Brin; 15-08-2023 at 08:39 AM.

Brin, you've got me down for 2 points for yesterday but I make it 9, taking my tally to 14, would you check it out please. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Brin, you've got me down for 2 points for yesterday but I make it 9, taking my tally to 14, would you check it out please. UTM
    Either you are correct or you've been robbed of a wooden spoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Ronners apologies for that. I'd actually looked at a different line by mistake. All amended now though and sees you up around the top.
    Glad to see some are keeping their eye on me and so early on in the season

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Ronners apologies for that. I'd actually looked at a different line by mistake. All amended now though and sees you up around the top.
    Glad to see some are keeping their eye on me and so early on in the season
    Cheers Brin😁 UTM

Sumat Must be wrong. Topsy didn't score 15 points in a month last season never mind 1 weekend

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast