+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ash Phillips

Ash Phillips

Looks to be heading out the door.
    Spurs have tracked him for a while and now he has a decent contract,hopefully we will get good money for him.
    We won't suffer too much from this as Sam Barnes is back(JDT rates him higher)and will see the batth deal take place.
    Any left over funds will bring another forward in.
    Anything less than 6 million with add ons and we have been truly done.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Looks to be heading out the door.
    Spurs have tracked him for a while and now he has a decent contract,hopefully we will get good money for him.
    We won't suffer too much from this as Sam Barnes is back(JDT rates him higher)and will see the batth deal take place.
    Any left over funds will bring another forward in.
    Anything less than 6 million with add ons and we have been truly done.
    It appears he is going for £3m today.
    He stalled on his contract last summer, he actually didnt really want to sign one.
    So to meet him half way, they placed a clause in that said if the club received a minimum £2m offer he can leave. As long at that club was a Prem League club. Which I find crazy, but it is what it is.
    The stories are all over the place rigtht now, really unsure where we are.
    By all accounts we close to spending £7m on a striker. We are close on several deals.
    In the next breath JDT is leaving, Wharton will be the next to go after Phillips with Newcastle first in the queue.
    I heard Batth and a young Prem striker have already both been to the training ground, agreed deals and all seemed done, but we have stalled. There is definitely something going on, but we are all in the dark.
    Venkys have actually made a statement saying it will be a case of tightening up for one season, and then the following year they believe we will be back on track financially. This report suggested all this news came out now. In reality Venkys had already been made aware some 6 months ago the Indian Government where going to do this, which allowed them time to make preperations for this. While this doesn't look or sound good, they have been pretty good at finding ways round things. I think they do have some kind of a plan, but I do feel this next season will be a case of tightening up.
    What is not good is selling the crown jewels.
    I feel the best deal we could get for Wharton is to sell him to Newcastle for £10m, then get him back on loan for next season.

I am not overly fussed on Phillips going, but 3 million seems too low.
    Of course if it was written in the contract then our hands are tied.
    Tightening up is one thing but we desperately need firepower.
    2 out of 3 players signed were forward thinking players and both are injured.
    Sam Gallagher won't play half the games with his patchy injury record.
    That in itself tells you that we desperately need forwards.
    Will this 3 million go towards one or be stuffed in the coffers?
    I am starting to lean towards the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I am not overly fussed on Phillips going, but 3 million seems too low.
    Of course if it was written in the contract then our hands are tied.
    Tightening up is one thing but we desperately need firepower.
    2 out of 3 players signed were forward thinking players and both are injured.
    Sam Gallagher won't play half the games with his patchy injury record.
    That in itself tells you that we desperately need forwards.
    Will this 3 million go towards one or be stuffed in the coffers?
    I am starting to lean towards the latter.
    Just heard from a pretty reputable source that JDT will be leaving us very soon sadly.
    I don't blame him, and now I am starting to get the feeling this is pretty bad.
    Once he goes things will likely start to fall apart pretty rapidly.
    Lets face it, there was only so far this club was ever going to get with the debt, the owners, the fan base and this era of money ruling everything.
    Blackburn is a smaller poorer town that Bury, and look where they are right now.
    I have been saying this for years, the fact they are an above average Champ club in this day & age is actually a miracle in itself.

I know one thing is for sure.
    This is fast becoming a shambles.
    We signed 3 players,almost immediately and then watch 2 of them get injured.
    We find out about the Indian tax fiasco.
    Ash Phillips goes to sign for spurs in the middle of said fiasco.
    JDT wants to leave because of no funds or activity.
    Even though he said we need at least 4 more players.
    To top it off Ash Phillips deal looks to be off as we want more.
    Not a bad thing to want more but when the lad was having a medical?
    Poor poor stuff.
    It's OK though as venkys has sponsored us.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)