+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- first album you bought.

O/T:- first album you bought.

What was the first album you bought when you were young. I mean that you bought not that was bought for you.
    For me it was x 2. ELO Out of the Blue and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds...
    Do you still like them and play them.?
    For me it's a massive yes they still get played regularly either on Vinyl or CD formats..
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-07-2023 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    What was the first album you bought when you were young. I mean that you bought not that was bought for you.
    For me it was x 2. ELO Out of the Blue and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds...
    Do you still like them and play them.?
    For me it's a massive yes they still get played regularly either on Vinyl or CD formats..
    First one was Fire and Water by Free, second one was The Teaser and the Firecat by Cat Stevens. I still listen to Free but only very rarely listen to Cat.

Good thread Pedro.

The Who, My Generation. Bought it second hand from Selectadisc as it was an original pressing. It weighs a ton! Still have it along with all my other vinyl albums, 7 inch singles and 12 inch EP's. We bought a turntable and speaker system again about 10 years ago having offloaded my original HiFi stack system about 10 years before that. Obviously have a Spotify account these days but every now and then I love nothing more than sticking the old vinyl's back on.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    The Who, My Generation. Bought it second hand from Selectadisc as it was an original pressing. It weighs a ton! Still have it along with all my other vinyl albums, 7 inch singles and 12 inch EP's. We bought a turntable and speaker system again about 10 years ago having offloaded my original HiFi stack system about 10 years before that. Obviously have a Spotify account these days but every now and then I love nothing more than sticking the old vinyl's back on.
    Loved Selectadisc!! And Robs Records...!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Loved Selectadisc!! And Robs Records...!
    Arcade Records as well. Is that little cut through with the escalators still there or has it been filled in now?

Roxy Music 'For Your Pleasure'. Funnily enough I was introduced to them by a fellow Notts fan back in the early 70s. First 2 albums by far the best whilst Brian Eno was still with the band. Still listen to them

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Arcade Records as well. Is that little cut through with the escalators still there or has it been filled in now?
    Still there and with two vinyl shops.

As a supplementary question, how old were you guys when you bought your first album? I was 14 years old working a Saturday job.

Hawkwind, Hall of the Mountain Grill. Bought because I liked the cover initially. Would have been about 12/13
    Last edited by bule1; 19-07-2023 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Clarification

First I bought myself was The Beatles 1967-70 (Blue Album) aged 13. Fittingly I completed my Beatles collection by buying all but one of their albums from "Revolver" on Lister Gate, just outside the entrance to Broad Marsh.

I then started walking up Mansfield Road to "Good Vibrations" to buy 2nd hand 60s albums before settling on Select-a-disc for the cheaper CDs (all up that black painted staircase) when the old albums started being re-issued on that format circa 1987. I remember going in Arcade Records a few times, also HMV when it was still in Broad Marsh (they moved to Lister Gate 85? which forced Revolver to close). Virgin must have opened late 1986 with "Our Price" opening around the same time somewhere between Viccy centre and the market square.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast