+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- first album you bought.

The first one I bought was Songs In the Key of Life, Stevie Wonder. Saved for ages to buy it for my best friend's birthday present. It was from Andy's Records on Cambridge market - he used to import records from Europe and sell them cheaper than anywhere else.

Ace of Spades: Motor Head..

Meaty, Beaty Big and Bouncy - The Who (I think) was my first acquisition.

Like most people, I used Selectadisc a lot, primarily the Goldsmith Street and Bridlesmith Gate versions but my favourite record shop was the early Virgin store on King Street. A small-ish store on two levels. The lower level had a lot of punk, new wave and reggae singles that I was into at the time. Over the years, I've used Rob's quite a bit for Northern Soul/Soul vinyl. Great guy who really knows his stuff and his stock intimately!

I bought two albums simultaneously with cash from my first pay packet aged 14 - “Come and Get It” by Whitesnake and “Difficult to Cure” by Rainbow. Purchased from Revolver on Lister Gate, but for the next few years all of my record purchases came from Way Ahead on Hurt’s Yard.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I bought two albums simultaneously with cash from my first pay packet aged 14 - “Come and Get It” by Whitesnake and “Difficult to Cure” by Rainbow. Purchased from Revolver on Lister Gate, but for the next few years all of my record purchases came from Way Ahead on Hurt’s Yard.
    OMG...! I forgot about way ahead it was next door to Robs if I remember correctly..!

I bought quite a few from Pendulum Records in Vic Centre market as well.

On Your Feet Or On Your Knees
    Blue Oyster Cult

Quote Originally Posted by SongBird View Post
    Still there and with two vinyl shops.
    Ah that's worth knowing. I avoid town like the plague these days.

Elvis Golden Records Vol 1 at age of 14, paper round to pay for it.

Sheet Music by 10cc

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast