+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- first album you bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I posted similar advice, but the site was so slow to respond you beat me to it so I deleted it.

But when I click the 'Reply' box, the 'insert video' box is second from the left.

Am I the only one who finds NCM running at dial-up speed this last week?
    It is running really slow, Eli and has been for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    https://youtu.be/mg-diLZH8yc

Question for all please. How do you paste videos in here? Can't seem to work that out
    I'm with you...it was a mega mix compilation 😎👍

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I posted similar advice, but the site was so slow to respond you beat me to it so I deleted it.

But when I click the 'Reply' box, the 'insert video' box is second from the left.

Am I the only one who finds NCM running at dial-up speed this last week?
    Shockingly slow… like the old dial up modem days… only more like wind up!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I remember going to see 10cc at the Concert Hall mid 80's. Was a great gig, full of classics.
    First album I ever asked for Xmas was 10cc's Greatest Hits, after seeing the TV ad for it - voiced by Kenny Everett IIRC - must have been xmas 1979.
    First LP I had bought for me without asking for it was one of those MFP bargain bin compilations of hits, not by the original artists but cover versions with studio applause linking each track and over an hour of music squeezed onto one disc. It did have some decent songs on it however, including "Silver Machine", "The Jean Jeanie", "Little Bit of Love", "Relay" and "Children of the Revolution".

[QUOTE=upthemaggies;40318659]First album I ever asked for Xmas was 10cc's Greatest Hits, after seeing the TV ad for it - voiced by Kenny Everett IIRC - must have been xmas 1979.

Wow! Lots of great stuff listed on this thread.

First LP I ever bought was DEVO "Are We Not Men?" in 1978.

Maximum respect to the mighty B.O.C. - saw them at Hammersmith Odeon. Awesome!

Queen "The Works" I purchased. 1st album I ever got was Now Thats What I call Music vol3 I think

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    First LP I ever bought was DEVO "Are We Not Men?" in 1978.
    I've got the picture disc LP version of that somewhere in the loft!

In 1970 I bought my first 3 albums from Selectadisc when I started college at Trent Polytechnic. I can't remember two of them but one was The Pentangle by Pentangle, who I'm sure nobody else remembers. They were a folk/rock band, but more folk than rock. I recall hitch hiking down to London with a mate to see them live, then sleeping on the floor at St Pancras station before getting the train back next day.

News of the World by Queen, 1977

Queen Greatest Hits was the first album I remember buying. Got it on cassette and listened to it on one of those old flat rectangular cassette players. Bush or Sanyo or some other long-extinct manufacturer. Good times.

Edit: Just realised that both Bush and Sanyo are still very much alive and kicking, the latter raking in over $80 billion in revenue last year!
    Last edited by slack_pie; 20-07-2023 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Queen Greatest Hits was the first album I remember buying. Got it on cassette and listened to it on one of those old flat rectangular cassette players. Bush or Sanyo or some other long-extinct manufacturer. Good times.

Edit: Just realised that both Bush and Sanyo are still very much alive and kicking, the latter raking in over $80 billion in revenue last year!
    Same album for me, but on vinyl. It’s in my garage somewhere but hasn’t been played in years as I now have it on my phone.
    I thought Bush were dead as a company?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast