+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: First team squad new players

I'll keep this up to date folks every time a new player for the first team squad arrives at Leeds United this season (and prices if they're to be believed)

Ethan Ampadu - 7m
    Karl Darlow - 400k
    Sam Byram - Free
    Joe Rodon - Loan
    Joel Piroe - 10m
    Djed Spence - Loan

I'll keep this up to date folks every time a new player for the first team squad arrives at Leeds United this season (and prices if they're to be believed)

Ethan Ampadu - 7m
    Karl Darlow - 400k
    Sam Byram - Free
    Joe Rodon - Loan
    Joel Piroe - 10m
    Djed Spence - Loan
    Ilia Gruev - 5m

my thoughts with 1 and a half days remaining of the window, what started out slow as hell is actually shaping up to be half decent

If it was Farkes intention to get a brand new 1st 11 for himself, this is what hes brought in so far

GK DARLOW
    RB SPENCE
    LB BYRAM
    CB RODON
    CB
    DM AMPADU
    DM GRUEV
    RW
    LW
    AM
    ST PIROE

I doubt that it was his full intention to have his own championship 11, he knows theres some good players at the club already, but squad depth is key as we all know, the signings so far look decent, lets see how we look once all signings are made and we play some games with our new players involved in some capacity

The players brought in are one hell of an upgrade from ortas rubbish, impressed with what's come in, and with farke, it's building nicely, just wish we had a left back, firpo is a no no for me, I was one with egg on my face as I'd said signings would be zilch, glad to be so wrong, and let's not forget, the championship is a marathon not a sprint, farke knows that more than anybody.

We need an attacking mid we get a defensive one, we need a LB we get A RB? Are the dudes in charge d heads? We had Robles buy a cheapy who looks hopeless wtf's going on?
    Borough getting stronger and we help them out with the only player that can take set shots lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    In 2022/23, Rutter played 1 match plus 10 as a sub since being signed in Jan 2023 window.

53% completed passes.
    82% tackle success.
    Average minutes per match 30 mins.
    Not complained once to any coaches he's played for & not one coach complained about him despite being played in various positions.

Rutter is a player who loves to run with the ball & take on defenders & a success rate of just under 50% is highly respectable given the sheer volume attempted of runs asked of him.

Suggest you pass an opinion when he's played 24 games this season hopefully in place of want away wild whinging Willy & hopefully under Farke you'll see his counter-attack threat & his strong defensive abilities tracking back which Farke has been working on with him at TA.
    Just saying 🤫
    Not sure it will need 24 games, nor that he will get them anyway, to solidify the views not only of myself but many others. The penalty miss hasn't helped his development of the "good feeling" collateral.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    my thoughts with 1 and a half days remaining of the window, what started out slow as hell is actually shaping up to be half decent

If it was Farkes intention to get a brand new 1st 11 for himself, this is what hes brought in so far

GK DARLOW
    RB SPENCE
    LB BYRAM
    CB RODON
    CB
    DM AMPADU
    DM GRUEV
    RW
    LW
    AM
    ST PIROE

I doubt that it was his full intention to have his own championship 11, he knows theres some good players at the club already, but squad depth is key as we all know, the signings so far look decent, lets see how we look once all signings are made and we play some games with our new players involved in some capacity
    Don't see how Darlow is any better than Robles, and certainly not Meslier (who isn't perfect I know, but an experienced (and capable) PL keeper who was damaged by a poor "defence")

Not sure why al the hype about Spence. He's been a journeyman RB for Boro (who aren't exactly setting the world alight are they), loaned to Florists and has ended up not being able to justify the move to Spurs, and gets loaned out to Rennes and plays only 8 times during the loan, underwhelming (but presumably cheap)

Byram, hmm, injured again, and out for (at least) two weeks, so whilst he may be more mature than he was during his first stint with LUFC, his frailty seems undiminished

Rodon, following the same pattern as Spence, goes to Spurs but can't get game time, so gets loaned to Rennes, ditto. What's the big deal?

Ampadu, same again, loanee over the last four seasons, with steadily diminishing quality teams. so LUFC is the new experiment for him, to see what level he is suited for?

Gruev, at least he has been playing for the team that he signed for, but other than that, again, what's the big deal?

Piroe, at last, a player who plays in a position we really need to strengthen, and has experience of the EFL (I don't count Darlows stint of 10 games per season at Newcastle and Dull!).

So of the "newcomers" only one has real EFL experience, and only (the same) one plays in a position we needed to strengthen. So why would we believe that the incomers will be any better at "doing the job" than those who failed last time round (remembering that the Championship is a whole lot harder ball game)? Really trying to see what the up side is, honestly, after all these signings which has proved me and a couple of others wrong insofar as "activity" goes, but to what end?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure it will need 24 games, nor that he will get them anyway, to solidify the views not only of myself but many others. The penalty miss hasn't helped his development of the "good feeling" collateral.
    As i said " lets see".

Piroe's experience will help & once the duo play to each others strengths goals will flow.

Farkes set up's are simple but require technical clever players who understand movement.

This was an interesting piece & might explain what Farke requires up front.

https://theathletic.com/4814612/2023...lysis-leeds%2F

When bielsa came he brought back klich (who I thought was rubbish) he kept Phillips (who I also thought was rubbish) in fact the players he had I thought we'd be league one by Xmas, how wrong was, I believe/hope farke is of similar stuff and can do the same, we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Don't see how Darlow is any better than Robles, and certainly not Meslier (who isn't perfect I know, but an experienced (and capable) PL keeper who was damaged by a poor "defence")

Not sure why al the hype about Spence. He's been a journeyman RB for Boro (who aren't exactly setting the world alight are they), loaned to Florists and has ended up not being able to justify the move to Spurs, and gets loaned out to Rennes and plays only 8 times during the loan, underwhelming (but presumably cheap)

Byram, hmm, injured again, and out for (at least) two weeks, so whilst he may be more mature than he was during his first stint with LUFC, his frailty seems undiminished

Rodon, following the same pattern as Spence, goes to Spurs but can't get game time, so gets loaned to Rennes, ditto. What's the big deal?

Ampadu, same again, loanee over the last four seasons, with steadily diminishing quality teams. so LUFC is the new experiment for him, to see what level he is suited for?

Gruev, at least he has been playing for the team that he signed for, but other than that, again, what's the big deal?

Piroe, at last, a player who plays in a position we really need to strengthen, and has experience of the EFL (I don't count Darlows stint of 10 games per season at Newcastle and Dull!).

So of the "newcomers" only one has real EFL experience, and only (the same) one plays in a position we needed to strengthen. So why would we believe that the incomers will be any better at "doing the job" than those who failed last time round (remembering that the Championship is a whole lot harder ball game)? Really trying to see what the up side is, honestly, after all these signings which has proved me and a couple of others wrong insofar as "activity" goes, but to what end?
    Feel much the same. After the let-down of the previous couple of years signings, I’m finding it hard to get excited by any signing. Apart from Piroe, we’ve only got players who weren’t wanted anywhere else.
    I want to be wrong though.
    And don’t see why a 35 million player should need 24 games. Or is he guaranteed to score a hat trick on his 24th.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)