+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: First team squad new players

I know Rutter is technically not “new” but he is. No play time last season.

He’s the best team player on the team. Maybe best in the league. Makes the entire offense click so well.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I know Rutter is technically not “new” but he is. No play time last season.

He’s the best team player on the team. Maybe best in the league. Makes the entire offense click so well.
    Just when I was recovering, the word ‘offense’ starts the flashbacks again.

Yes most of the new guys are rating quite well these days, given they were written off before wearing a jersey. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Yes most of the new guys are rating quite well these days, given they were written off before wearing a jersey. 😁
    I guess that's aimed at folks like me? Rutter has come good and I'm glad for the guy, as for others, Piroe is in and off, same with Ampadu, but today was down to excellent performances by;

Summerville, Struijk, James, Gnonto, Rutter.

Others were bit part players and not many of the summer signings were more than that.

If they had been, we would have had to have the comeback.

"If they had been, we would NOT have had to have the comeback"

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I guess that's aimed at folks like me? Rutter has come good and I'm glad for the guy, as for others, Piroe is in and off, same with Ampadu, but today was down to excellent performances by;

Summerville, Struijk, James, Gnonto, Rutter.

Others were bit part players and not many of the summer signings were more than that.

If they had been, we would have had to have the comeback.
    Of course there would be a reason... By the way, weren't you recently saying we win as a team, and lose as a team...when some were being criticised for performance? Now you want to single out some! 🤣 Naturally the ones you need in this instance to back up your comments....

That second half was top 10 prem level play. Better than our Glory days under MB

Best signing may be Farke - always speaks well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Of course there would be a reason... By the way, weren't you recently saying we win as a team, and lose as a team...when some were being criticised for performance? Now you want to single out some! �� Naturally the ones you need in this instance to back up your comments....
    Changed your tune since your post #179, huh?

I stand by the "win as a team, lose as a team" comment, it's blatantly self-evident and as true now as it was when first coined (and not by me). And criticism of performances will continue, why should it be otherwise? I'm most definitely NOT "singling out" any one player (singular), simply suggesting that a NUMBER of standout performances in the second half yesterday were crucial in us getting a win, and those I named, IMHO, were those key players. And I stand by the comments regarding those newcomers who played yesterday. Of all of them, only Rodon was a significant contributor (and I don't understand him being subbed, especially when bringing on Cooper for the last few minutes), with Ampadu, Piroe and Anthony going through the motions but never making the kind of impact we have seen from (at least the first two) in previous games.

Btw, find any comment in any post of mine where I have "written off" any player prior to them playing in the 1st team. Doesn't stop me from having an opinion of their potential. Of the list in Clives post #142 in this thread;

Ethan Ampadu - 7m
    Karl Darlow - 400k
    Sam Byram - Free
    Joe Rodon - Loan
    Joel Piroe - 10m
    Djed Spence - Loan
    Ilia Gruev - 5m
    Glen Kamara - 4m
    Jaidon Anthony - Loan

Only Rodon has been a consistently good performer (giving Struijk confidence he can do his job instead of having to worry where Cooper and/or Firpo might be and how he can compensate for them, which showed yesterday), with Ampadu and Piroe on and off the boil. Byram show promise, but we will see. Of the rest, none have played enough minutes to provide the basis for assessment (and some haven't played at all, e.g. Darlow, Spence, Gruev) so time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Changed your tune since your post #179, huh?

I stand by the "win as a team, lose as a team" comment, it's blatantly self-evident and as true now as it was when first coined (and not by me). And criticism of performances will continue, why should it be otherwise? I'm most definitely NOT "singling out" any one player (singular), simply suggesting that a NUMBER of standout performances in the second half yesterday were crucial in us getting a win, and those I named, IMHO, were those key players. And I stand by the comments regarding those newcomers who played yesterday. Of all of them, only Rodon was a significant contributor (and I don't understand him being subbed, especially when bringing on Cooper for the last few minutes), with Ampadu, Piroe and Anthony going through the motions but never making the kind of impact we have seen from (at least the first two) in previous games.

Btw, find any comment in any post of mine where I have "written off" any player prior to them playing in the 1st team. Doesn't stop me from having an opinion of their potential. Of the list in Clives post #142 in this thread;

Ethan Ampadu - 7m
    Karl Darlow - 400k
    Sam Byram - Free
    Joe Rodon - Loan
    Joel Piroe - 10m
    Djed Spence - Loan
    Ilia Gruev - 5m
    Glen Kamara - 4m
    Jaidon Anthony - Loan

Only Rodon has been a consistently good performer (giving Struijk confidence he can do his job instead of having to worry where Cooper and/or Firpo might be and how he can compensate for them, which showed yesterday), with Ampadu and Piroe on and off the boil. Byram show promise, but we will see. Of the rest, none have played enough minutes to provide the basis for assessment (and some haven't played at all, e.g. Darlow, Spence, Gruev) so time will tell.
    Of course you are right again. You always are. You will own up when you are wrong instead of relentless justification...so you keep saying. 😆

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)