+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 Predictions

I don't see where our goals are coming from. I don't see us dominating games much. Based on our current squad id say 4th at best but more like 5th or below. We are utter ****e.

Win Championship - ICT
    Play-off Finalist - United after finishing 3rd.
    Premier Relegated - Farmers
    Premier Play-off spot - Fun

Giving us a difficult season to look forward to, scraping into a play-off spot to end the whole shebang with a fine, easy on the nerves derby play-off. Oh how I'm looking forward to season 23/24. Not!!

On the other hand ditch Cantwin now and out of a whole host of ordinary clubs in the Championship I reckon our chances of ending up top would be as good as any other club. I know many say we can't afford to sack the clown, my take on it is we probably can't afford not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    This.
    Yeah, I agree it's a good post. 👍

I have held off for a while posting, but really WTF. Expectations of the United faithful are at an all time low. if our expectations are as low then the playing staff will respond so.

We should be in the top league but tried to stay there for free. Fecked up massive time.

Using the cheap option again with JG and loan signings.

I can even see a relegation fight looming until the current mentality changes.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    I have held off for a while posting, but really WTF. Expectations of the United faithful are at an all time low. if our expectations are as low then the playing staff will respond so.

We should be in the top league but tried to stay there for free. Fecked up massive time.

Using the cheap option again with JG and loan signings.

I can even see a relegation fight looming until the current mentality changes.
    Ok but what are your predictions? 🤔

I'll wait till the week leading up to Arbroath

3rd .... no caring about any other team.

5 days before kickoff here's my take..

When we signed Docherty Grimshaw and Holt the doom merchants were saying we were signing journeyman and writing off our chances. FWIW if we had these 3 players last season I think we'd have maybe stayed up. It's players like these that have kept other bottom six teams up for several seasons.

Anyway, I was positive about what Goodwin was trying to do, ie add some steel and never say die into the side.

The addition of Walton Gallagher and Moult has added a whole new dimension, pre season Sibbald has looked great too.

My main worry is penetration and creativity from midfield, not quite seeing that yet from the young players who've been tried. If we added that one player I think we would be very hard to finish above. He's definitely trying Cudjoe as that player, imo not quite there yet.

This all assumes that Louis Moult stays fit, maybe if we get some players out we could add a second striker.

So I'm going to stick my neck out here and say yeah with a fair wind we can win this league.

A year ago we beat AZ, now boys are predicting we might get relegated from the championship

We have looked a bit more resilient and together of late albeit against limited opposition but lets be brutally honest . . . we are going to be playing limited opposition week in week out in this division. We look a bit stronger as a unit, the keeper looks like he has actually seen a baw before, as others have said if we can keep Moult fit and get Fotheringham and Cudjoe firing then we should skoosh this. We have to be looking at beating whoever is in front of us every single week, yes there are tricky games but there are no write off games like Ibrox, Parkhead etc Look at last season, if teams like Cove can win at Gayfield and Hamilton can win twice up in Inverness then we need to be a bit more positive about this -

6th

Moult and Galagher signings have made me more optimistic, if we get off to a decent start then ill revise my previous prediction of 6th, the last 3 results have been games with nothing riding on them... easy games for our collection of sh1te bags. We will see what they are really made of next

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)