+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peterhead

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think denham will need to play to get game time

This could be helpful match to give team some game time and start to develop

Always nice to win

I'll take your word for it. My memory clearly is not as good as yours!

DUTV is a shambles, buffering constantly and frequently playing same clip on a loop.

From what I've seen we look hopeless apart from the goal.

better second half, some players starting to settle and gain confidence. Two soft penalties (imo) made the scoreline flattering, and don't think their red was justified.
    With Sibbald probing from midfield, the youngsters ahead of him looked better today. But it has to be said the opposition was Peterhead.
    Good to see Moult notch early.

Better today.

Declan Glass played well when he came on

Well, the right-back position looks solved.

Mochrie, Meekison, and Glass have all done well but we need them to be the main men for us and deliver more when on the ball which they all show at times.

Today showed us once again we severely lack pace. Fotherham, Watt and Middleton all struggling to beat a man and nobody to run in behind or in the channels. Middleton and Fotherham both just don't cut it for me. That area of the pitch is where we simply must get better with some signings. Even a loan.

Better, but not going to get excited just yet. At least it's an end to the dismal run of defeats but needs to be taken in perspective. Nevertheless at least one or two positives to be taken.

It's a joy to see us playing passing football instead of long hopeful punts to an isolated striker.
    Some promising signs especially second half even taking into account the level of the opposition.

But someone needs to tell our youths that a low shot into the corner of the net is a goal, a worldie attempt that takes out a seat in Row Z isn't.

The squad needed a win, this will do. Looked better but still nothing about the performance that made me believe we will be anything better than mid-table.

Watt to me showed hes either very unfit still or he has no desire to get the 20 goals a season as he would have made an effort to get on the end of a ball in first half which he would have scored from and also in 2nd altho maybe 2nds a bit harsh.

Better, but nothing has changed my mind today

At least the c*nts across the road will have had their enthusiasm dampened too.

Firstly it’s peterheed. That’s said I thought it was a better more assured performance today. Some decent passages of play.

Grimshaw has to be our main RB. Did well and was always keen to get forward. Holt did well today and . Graham was ok but he needs to learn to move the ball forward quicker.

Definite improvement in pressing, tracking back and desire to win ball back.

Mochrie did well and Archie did ok, but we looked more of threat when glass fortheringham sibbald came on.

Middleton did ok but needs to gamble and start his runs earlier instead of waiting for the pass to be made.

Think JG is closer to deciding his starting line up. That said wld like to see another CB and striker come in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)