+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Club Record Signing Fees

Club Record Signing Fees

I was thinking the other day. It's now been over 30 years since both our club record fee for signing and selling players were received.

Club record signing
    Tony Agana from Sheffield United
    Fee - £675k

Club record sale
    Craig Short to Derby County
    £2.5million

There can't be many clubs in the football league in that position.

Under the current owners I think we'll probably break both of these within the next 5 years. Hope so, exciting times ahead.

We might beat the record sales I don't know about the record buys doesn't seem to be the owner's philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    We might beat the record sales I don't know about the record buys doesn't seem to be the owner's philosophy.
    I think if we went up another level to L1 you may start to see us buy players for amounts like that. And at this level I can imagine the Brothers spending £100-250k more regularly if the players seem right.

Players like Langstaff (who we bought for £50k and could potentially sell for £1million+) are rare in the modern game. But players you buy for £500k and sell for £3million, or players you buy for £1million+ and sell for £5million seem less rare.

As an example Plymouth Argyle just signed two players for £1million each, tho they are playing Championship football next season.

Buy low, sell high!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I was thinking the other day. It's now been over 30 years since both our club record fee for signing and selling players were received.

Club record signing
    Tony Agana from Sheffield United
    Fee - £675k

Club record sale
    Craig Short to Derby County
    £2.5million

There can't be many clubs in the football league in that position.

Under the current owners I think we'll probably break both of these within the next 5 years. Hope so, exciting times ahead.
    Both of those transactions had great results for us (together with Tommy Johnson going to Derby).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Both of those transactions had great results for us (together with Tommy Johnson going to Derby).
    John Chiedozie August 1981 £600,000 from Leyton Orient. I saw his debut at Villa Park, a 1-0 win. He was so quick the rest of our team couldn't keep up with him, - let alone Villa

How much did we sign Kasper for?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    How much did we sign Kasper for?
    I thought we paid at least £1m for Kasper?

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I thought we paid at least £1m for Kasper?
    Yeah, I thought it was around or slightly higher than the Agana fee, but it wasn't really communicated at the time. Not sure if that's our record signing or not.

“‘My other piece of advice, Copperfield,’ said Mr. Micawber, ‘you know. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure 19 19 and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast