+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we sleepwalking our way towards yet another Sh1tshow?

Are we sleepwalking our way towards yet another Sh1tshow?

So, we have 13 days until our first meaningful game against Cardiff and, as it stands:

• The (very) long awaited takeover has finally materialised and been ratified. There were lots of suggestions that, once that happened, we would be heading for Nirvana. Our corporate SATNAV must be broken.
    • A significant percentage of our first team squad has departed. Most of these appear to be on loan deals which hasn't generated any income for investment.
    • The ONE player that really should have gone (Firpo) is still here and, if the latest reports are true, is not injured (again) so will presumably be difficult to offload. I genuinely believe we would struggle to give him away.
    • A couple of the players that would have been worth keeping (Wober and Adams with Harrison as a TBC) had indicated that they may stay but now seem to have changed their minds.
    • So far, all we have recruited is Ampadu (who, to be fair, looks good) and a couple of 12 year olds who may be phased into the first team squad by 2028 - by which time we will be playing in the B&Q Southern League.
    • We do seem to have recruited lots of new backroom staff. I wonder whether we will get to November before we realise that having 4 new tea ladies and a Technical Director of halftime orange squash, may be less beneficial than a left back or a striker might have been?
    • We have had a poor pre-season, unless you count beating Barnsley behind closed doors; which I don't. We have used this invaluable opportunity for match time to blood the exciting 'new' talent of Byram. This approach seems flawed in several areas - he is past his sell by date, he showed little loyalty when he left, he doesn't actually belong to us so we wasted our pre-season match time to potentially, showcase him for another club. As if that weren't bad enough, we even played him out of position.

So overall, we are in a great place. It might almost be funny, if it wasn't so important. MOT

Fair enough assessment

can't disagree with a lot of that 2bh, yes it was good news knowing the takeover was accepted by the FL, good news signing ampadu, but really thats all the good news we've had so far

i made a list of players who i thought would stay and at the moment, the 1s who have left were all in the 1s who will leave list, and the 1s being reported who will eventually leave, theres no surprises there either for me right now, the only thing i found slightly surprising was forshaw and to a lesser extent robles would not accept their offers of having another chance at Leeds after their contracts ran out, but this was before we realised that saudi arabia aand qatar would flex their financial muscle

so currently out of the 1s who i thought would stay (plus our new signing), the 1s still here are Klaesson Ayling Dallas Cooper Struijk Cresswell Hjelde Summerville Ampadu Shackleton Gray Gyabi Gelhardt Greenwood Joseph Perkins Rutter, then maybe a handful of the other u21s who could be useful backups where needed

Any senior player not mentioned in that list I believe will leave Leeds this summer, theres nothing suggesting to me that anyone not mentioned will stay

out of those NOT mentioned above, if they're willing to fight and get us promoted, i'd keep Meslier Wober Adams Harrison Sinisterra Gnonto and Bamford, now if all 7 of these were to stay, adding them 7 to the list of those who I think may stay, it has the makings of a decent squad, I feel we would just need a Left Back, and a Striker, then we'd possibly be strong enough to push for promotion, but if i'm honest right now, it wouldnt surprise me if all 7 of these plus the others not mentionied end up leaving before the Cardiff match, and with only Ampadu brought in so far, its a little bit concerning

Yes

Basically all the talk about who we will sign once the takeover is done, was exactly that, all talk, mainly from the likes of Phil hay, Smyth and Beren cross who seemingly in the know but actually know nothing, all talk utter trash with all the other click bait trash ..to answer the original question, at the moment we do indeed seem like we're walking into yet another s##tshower.

Mid table at best finish - Losing to Rotherham - Wendies pumping us - Millwall doin us etc etc etc.

We know the drill lads.

Looking forward to this season about as much as the time I had to go and get some piles injected at the hospital!

I hate football.

Lol.

Wait and see what this week brings ya bellends.....

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Lol.

R u the 49ers new PR guru?

They obviously recruited you after the tea ladies.

Lol.

Tomorrow will be dry but it’s gonna rain the rest of the week.

Lol.

Well its gonna be interesting to say the least my little Irish special one.

Looks like Orta has right royally shafted us yet again this season as well without even feckin being here!!!!!!!!

Stupid spanish tw@t putting loan clauses in players contracts so we don't get a penny in for em meaning we don't get to spend any transfer fee on new players , so that's Koch/Aaronson/Kristensen/Llorente/Roca and by the looks of it Wober will be loaned out as well!

What an absolute 1st class cluster f*ck of a mess.

Furious
    Last edited by Rev72; 23-07-2023 at 06:23 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)