+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are we sleepwalking our way towards yet another Sh1tshow?

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Barndoor is also useless as a striker and hopefully, even the rose tinted spectacle brigade understand that now. The simple fact is that we don't really have a 'proper' striker with the possible and, as yet, unproven, exception of Joseph.
    And I say again, what if, in the relatively limited time he has been with us, Farke has seen what we havent, or at least believes he can do what other haven't and make misfiring players fire on all cylinders. Sounds like what Bielsa did, n'est pas?

We will see once the new season starts in a weeks time

We haven't had a proper striker since roofe, 4 seasons ago, so why would we think it will suddenly change. This Swansea striker seems a good player so why not go all in and offer what they want, instead of watching him go off to Leicester or Southampton.

Barndoor is also useless as a striker and hopefully, even the rose tinted spectacle brigade understand that now. The simple fact is that we don't really have a 'proper' striker with the possible and, as yet, unproven, exception of Joseph.
    And Bamford wasn't, and isn't, useless as a striker. Without his goals we wouldn't have been in the PL at any stage. Is he what we.need to get back in the PL? No, but he can and given the chance, will help.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And Bamford wasn't, and isn't, useless as a striker. Without his goals we wouldn't have been in the PL at any stage. Is he what we.need to get back in the PL? No, but he can and given the chance, will help.
    It's all about opinions and you are obviously entitled to yours. The statistics prove unequivocally that Bamford's conversion rate of chances to goals is extremely poor. There is little doubt that his lack of "striking" was a major (but admittedly not the only) factor in our relegation this season. He had one productive period during our first year back but that's about it. When you also consider how much time he spends out injured then I'm afraid his is not fit for purpose. If he can score a hatful of goals in the Championship, then great but I'm not holding my breath.

It's all about opinions and you are obviously entitled to yours. The statistics prove unequivocally that Bamford's conversion rate of chances to goals is extremely poor. There is little doubt that his lack of "striking" was a major (but admittedly not the only) factor in our relegation this season. He had one productive period during our first year back but that's about it. When you also consider how much time he spends out injured then I'm afraid his is not fit for purpose. If he can score a hatful of goals in the Championship, then great but I'm not holding my breath.
    Not sure if there are credible statistics for chances (define a chance), but there are what you describe as "incontrovertible" statistics for his scoring rate per game. In the two seasons before promotion he scored at a rate of just under once ever two games, and in the first year in the PL even close to that 1 every 2 games ratio. No other Leeds player came close. Now you could argue that if we had a "better" striker" then that comparison with other players would be worse, and you'd be right, but the fact is we didn't have a better striker, and we still don't (and I include Rodrigo, Sinisterra, and Rutter in that statement, all of whom cost a kings ransom in comparison to what we paid for Bamford).

The appalling treatment he received from some fans was disgraceful and demeans the entire fan base, and could anyone blame him if he felt that if an opportunity to leave came along, it wouldn't be such a bad thing? I for one wouldn't.

On the other hand I hope he stays (and stays fit!), but as with anyone in that position he needs support and service, and I wonder if we have a squad with the ability to provide those things?

Neil Warnock has apparently backed us for promotion so that's us doomed

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure if there are credible statistics for chances (define a chance), but there are what you describe as "incontrovertible" statistics for his scoring rate per game. In the two seasons before promotion he scored at a rate of just under once ever two games, and in the first year in the PL even close to that 1 every 2 games ratio. No other Leeds player came close. Now you could argue that if we had a "better" striker" then that comparison with other players would be worse, and you'd be right, but the fact is we didn't have a better striker, and we still don't (and I include Rodrigo, Sinisterra, and Rutter in that statement, all of whom cost a kings ransom in comparison to what we paid for Bamford).

The appalling treatment he received from some fans was disgraceful and demeans the entire fan base, and could anyone blame him if he felt that if an opportunity to leave came along, it wouldn't be such a bad thing? I for one wouldn't.

On the other hand I hope he stays (and stays fit!), but as with anyone in that position he needs support and service, and I wonder if we have a squad with the ability to provide those things?
    Bamford? FFS c'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Bamford? FFS c'mon.
    Sinisterra, Rutter?? FFS come on back at ya!

Sinisterra is the best player we have - Bamford is always injured and misses big chances in big moments - he needs so many more chances than other decent strikers.

On the money he is paid he just doesn’t deliver.

Seems Cooper on his way now. Does anyone believe we have a big enough squad to get us through the season?

I don't, but I wouldn't mind to hear someone positive try and change my mind.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leed...der/verein/399

Seems to be bare bones except wingers.
    Last edited by fredlufc74; 04-08-2023 at 08:19 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)