+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "They've put £6 mill of their own money into the club"

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    BTW - if the directors start laughing at my question then I’ll have to admit to them that is was Animal off TykesMad that asked me to ask the question 😄

Animal made me do it.
    Tha'll get 'stick' off Gryce pudding after assembly

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    So then Animal and SB - the new leadership HAS NOT spent any of their own money to keep the club afloat ???
    Try this analogy Nudge.

Someone has a Yorkshire Building Society Account. If he puts money into the account he adds to the "shares" he has in that account. He is not making a donation to the Building Society, money he will never see again. If he wishes to effectively "sell" some of his shares by withdrawing some or all of his money he can do.
    It's not a perfect analogy but the new board have not lost the money from their own pockets they have used to buy shares in the club. What they have done is allow the club to have more funds in their account by using the money they have spent on shares to fund day to day costs, or in the case of the Building Society to fund their lending/ other investments.
    They can withdraw their money (sell shares) at any time and recoup their "investment"

The way you and others portray it that the new owners have put their hands in their pockets to rescue the club by making donations to the club, never to be seen again, in effect "Sugar Daddies" along the lines of Dave Whelan, Jack Walker and many others on a smaller scale. They are not Sugar Daddies, they are not the Messiah. They are clever people spinning their share buying as an act of benevolence, donating their own money to save the club they love.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-07-2023 at 06:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12