I wonder just how much talent they’ll be able to take from European football?

The figures are truly staggering, the fees and wages are dwarfing even the EPL.

As a player, I wonder how you square not only the ethical side of things but also the present lack of overall quality out there and the fact you’re sacrificing the chance to play at the great clubs of the world and the opportunity to play in The Champions League and the EPL.

I’ve heard people commenting on how it’ll be good for us because it’ll even things up in England as the stars get lured to SA but it I don’t see that.

If Man City signed Karl Bartley to replace John Stones we’d end up with the centre half from Woking or the like, our “quality” would drop in line with the drop in quality for the top clubs.

I try to put myself in a present day players shoes and contemplate this situation.

Boatloads of extra money coming in but then knowing each day that your personal level is dropping due to lack of competition and lack of motivation.

What would you do……be happy playing in the Prem on £5m to £10m a year or give up your best years to get two times or three times what you’d be paid in the EPL?

I don’t blame the likes of Henderson and Ronaldo taking the deal when you’re well into your 30’s by the way.

Just this morning there’s news that a SA club have offered £259m for Mbappe.

We can’t afford £2 for a corned beef bap!