+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tierney off to Walsall

Tierney off to Walsall

Ross Tierney leaves Motherwell for season-long loan at League Two side Walsall according to independent ie.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...795661105.html

I feel a bit frustrated that he never got a decent run in the team. He appeared to be fairly skilful on the odd occasion I saw him. He’s been criticised as lightweight but I doubt the physicality of League 2 down south will be any less demanding. I always think of Vic Davidson when a player is described as lightweight but he was not exactly a bulked-up muscleman and coped very well playing at a time when the game was definitely more “robust”. Perhaps the stint at Walsall will prove to be a game changer for Tierney. Good luck to him and hope it works out well.

Wish Tierney all the best, he never gave us less than 100% in every game IMO and certainly put in a shift

It's impossible to criticise Kettlewell really but this is definitely one that raises an eyebrow for me.

Was Tierney perfect? Absolutely not and indeed I would be concerned he's not progressed enough in the 18 months he's had.

But even then, I think there's a potential player in there and improving on him with someone who is still willing to sit on the bench initially seems a tall order.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)