+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trevor Francis

A bit before my time but I do remember him as manager of Sheff Wed, my brother is a Wednesday fan and absolutely loved the guy, 69 is no age either, rest in peace sir

Not a very good day yesterday for ex Forest players passing away, Chris Bart-Williams also died age 49.
    May both of them rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Sad news, really good player, RIP.

Astonishing to think that Rushcliffe Rovers paid £1 million in 1979. How could they possibly afford it?
    (Perhaps equivalent approx £500 million today.)
    Actually more like £5 million, making Kylian Mbappe worth 50 times Trevor Francis......

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Apparently it's something like £250 million in today's money according to Kieran McGuire the football financial guy.
    Not sure where he got his information from but according to an online calculator £1 million in 1979 would be worth £4.2 million today.

R.I.P Trev, looking back you were probably under rated by many football fans. Also, R.I.P Chris Bart Williams, sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    R.I.P Trev, looking back you were probably under rated by many football fans. Also, R.I.P Chris Bart Williams, sad news.
    Lovely story about Trevor Francis here and how he met his wife:

https://twitter.com/KhalSir/status/1683524478679261184

And I agree that he was probably underrated during his career. Amazing to think he was a pro for 24 years, playing most of it at the top level.

The calculator was player transfer price inflation NOT inflation. A player like Trevor Francis would certainly go for a lot more that Harry Maguire did a few years ago no matter how you look at it.

Brilliant player.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Lovely story about Trevor Francis here and how he met his wife:

https://twitter.com/KhalSir/status/1683524478679261184

And I agree that he was probably underrated during his career. Amazing to think he was a pro for 24 years, playing most of it at the top level.
    Great story on Twitter, thanks for sharing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12