+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andros Townsend?

Andros Townsend?

Should we sign him?

Back to back excellent performances, looking fully fit, should we nab him?

He was good at Benfica and played the whole 90 and looked hungry and fit, so yes for me BT

Quote Originally Posted by wmdave_b View Post
    He was good at Benfica and played the whole 90 and looked hungry and fit, so yes for me BT
    We seem to have acquired a plethora of wide men wmdave, do we really need another unless a few are leaving?

He's undoubtedly a super experienced player but we are still bidding for Clarke from Sunderland and Jacob Bruun Larsen is now in the building along with Luca Koleosho.

Our wage bill must be astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We seem to have acquired a plethora of wide men wmdave, do we really need another unless a few are leaving?

He's undoubtedly a super experienced player but we are still bidding for Clarke from Sunderland and Jacob Bruun Larsen is now in the building along with Luca Koleosho.

My worries are his proneness to injury and as BT says we seem overstocked with players in his position so for me it’s a no.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    My worries are his proneness to injury and as BT says we seem overstocked with players in his position so for me it’s a no.
    He had a nasty ACL injury from which he is now fully recovered, he seems the perfect "Dyche man" to me and I'm amazed Everton did not retain him.

He had a nasty ACL injury from which he is now fully recovered, he seems the perfect "Dyche man" to me and I'm amazed Everton did not retain him.
    I was thinking that BT, with him and McNeil on the wings they could have strength going forward though Andros is not known for his goal scoring.

Fair point made there mate, got to be part of a game plan. Depends on salary required to sign him, but I would. Didn’t he score twice for England in one of his early games?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)